Raja Kumari (Deep Dive)

I heard her song Karma on a Netflix show like a week ago and binge listened to the rest of her discography in like two days last week. I'm going from oldest to newest, the songs she's got in Spotify. I didn't write about all of them, I just typed down thoughts as a I had them, while plowing through the catalogue.


- Believe In You - a vibe
- City Slums - lowkey a banger
- Meera - best from the The Come Up EP
- SHOOK - heard before. Listened to after Karma because this is her biggest song. It's alright, not the level of Karma. Karma is absolute perfection!
- KARMA - PERFECTION!!!
- STILL CARE - A slow burner, I think I'll like this more the more I listen to it. Now the hook is a bit annoying.
- BORN HUSTLA - Fire.
- Shah Rule x Raja Kumari - Kaun Hain Tu. A banger.
- Bindis and Bangles - DAMAG3 used the same sample, "We don't take no L...", on WHAT HAPP3N3D? Now I want to know where it's from.
- NRI - And CHINCHILLA used these choir harmonies? I thought that was her voice stacked up, but I guess not... Great song, btw.
- Goddess - great!
- Rani Cypher - 😲 ❤️ 🔥

She doesn't have a single weak song in 2021.
She's done mostly features and soundtracks in 2022-2023, maybe one original single. Plus an album in 2023.
Two singles this year, one of which is on the album. (But she's a signed artist, so laying low for a couple of years between albums is completely normal - gotta have time to tour, to have a vacation, to write and record and promote new music, before releasing said new music.)
2021 is my favorite year of hers and Karma is the best song. Most of her stuff is mainstream hiphop, with some Indian influences. I like it a lot, I'll keep on following her on Spotify.

Comments

Popular Posts