Weekly Recap (Sept 9th-15th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- PierceTheSkies - Roxas (I liked the beat and his flow, not so much his voice.)
- REI AMI - Bodybag (Huh. Very alt and she can rap... I should check more of her stuff.)
- Kiki Rockwell - Harbinger
- September Mourning - Body Count
- Reach - A Million Lives (Priest Remix) (This was pleasant to listen to. The list contained a lot of punk influences today - mostly on the songs I skipped and didn't list here - so this was refreshing.)
- Reece Young - Something Different
- Berried Alive - Bombegranate (Best song on today's list?)
- Jane N' The Jungle - WASTELAND (She's got a great voice!)
- Stitched Up Heart - Possess Me (It grew on me, it's a pretty dope song!)
- NYXX ft. Aesthetic Perfection - Voodoo (She sounds like Britney Spears. In a good way.)
- VENUS GRRRLS - Aries (🏳️‍🌈)
- Faetooth - She Cast a Shadow (Oh wow, I love their vocalist. Very talented. Let me look up her name... -- Ari May. Ok, cool. Ari May is a super talented vocalist!)
- Jonny T x Foreign Figures - Up In The Sky (Love his voice! He's going on the Three Song Listen list!)
- Unprocessed - Rain (Nice! Good thing I'm following them already, this instrumentation is very interesting!)

Release Radar
- Unlike Pluto - Insanium (Hiphop influence? Interesting! Also, Go Pluto! I've never talked to the man, I only know him through his music, YT song descriptions and his fanbase, but based on those, I really really like him. He seems like such a chill and nice dude. -- Oh, not true! I also watched the Ghost Gardens video, where he talked about the stories behind the songs.)
- Banshee - Cry me a river (Instrumentals have a bit of a vaporwave vibe. It's ok, I like the water scheme of the lyrics.)
- Sect Unit - Pain (Cool beat! I like his flow and lyrics as well.)
- Opeth - §3 (My mind keeps drifting off to other things... It's not my favorite Opeth song, but it's good nevertheless.)
- Yavis ft. Steen1 - Ruusuinen (Oh, a female rapper! Her flow is on point, annunciation is like... 7.5/10. Good, could be better. Lyrics are ok. This is on the list because I follow Steen1. His feature was great and I wouldn't expect anything less from him.)
- Blind Channel - EVERYBODY (BLOODBROS BACK) (🤣🤣🤣 I hate covers but this is awesome!!)
- BONES UK - Me (It's alright.)
- Delilah Bon - I Am The Best (Just Ask Your Momma) (🤣 This is great! Instantly one of my favorite songs by her, if not my favorite of all time! -- Got a differing opinion on the song this past weekend and am questioning my stance, might write a post about it...)
- Ascend The Helix - Anachronism (I don't remember why I've followed them, but this is alright. A bit heavy straight after the bouncy and cheeky Delilah Bon song, but...)
- SIERRA - Stronger - Gunship Remix
- THOT SQUAD x Sophie Hunter - HOES DEPRESSED - LEFT CHEERLEADER REMIX (This... exists. I like the second vocalist, I think that's Sophie Hunter, the one I follow.)
- DeathbyRomy - XXXhibitionist (This is one of those songs that grow on you slowly as you hear them multiple times, I feel like.)
- Motionless In White ft. Maria Brink - Contemptress: Reincarnated (The emo kid in me is in love. The feminist in me loves that these people collab for the 2nd (or more-th) time - Chris Motionless was in In This Moment's music video about a decade ago - but the metalhead in me is disappointed in Maria's lack of screams yet again.)
- The Plague - Float Right on By
- Paleface - Aakkosmurha - Pt. 2 (🔥🔥 Need to translate!)
- COOLETHAN x Mac Lethal - Don't Care (👍)
- 3AYN x Naïka - BURN SLOW (The urge to put this on The Vibe playlist even though it doesn't really fit The Vibe... Production 10/10)
- Zero 9:36 - Watch Out (🔥 I want to see the lyrics)
- Leprous - Faceless (Nice! Not overusing the falsetto, IMO. At least for the first half of the song.)
- Cassyette - Sex Metal (Industrial pop, very hyper)

A person I know requested some songs on a livestream by a rapper called Vin Jay and I really liked his annunciation - no weird accent, no weird slant rhyming, no mumbling. Checked his socials and he seems like a decent guy as well (=a level-headed dude, not a misogynist pothead or a right-wing political nut). Followed him on Spotify to hear more songs.

There was also another artist, who requested his own music in the livestreams. The music is good and the guy seems like an ok person, so I followed him on Spotify and YT and liked the songs he played in the streams. Later it turned out he believes queer people will go to hell, though... Or "be judged in afterlife" I think were his exact words. He wasn't hostile about it, but anyway. I unfollowed him on both platforms. I don't believe in hell, and I don't believe being gay is wrong, so it doesn't really matter, especially when he was so civil about it, but still. I do not support people who think gay is wrong. I am gay. I am not wrong. I am valid. Discrimination and not loving thy neighbor is definitely more wrong in the eyes of God as well, than following an ancient mistranslation (the original Bible text uses two different words for "man" and an alternate translation would be "man shall not lie with boy").

Comments

Popular Posts