Weekly Recap (Sept 2nd-8th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Terrorbyte - EBT
- In the Middle. - Good Guy Bad Guy (Controversial message among feminists. But one that I agree with. Some bad men would be good men if they were treated right. Men are people just like women. They are born into a more priviledged position than women so maybe they have more of a chance to be bad if they want to, but no one is born evil. Just like women can enter their "villain era" if they're pushed too far, so can men. If all the world throws at them is shit, eventually they grow bitter to it and turn evil. I don't think this is true for all men or all people in general. Some are too far gone and being nice to them just gives them leverage over you. I do my best to identify the ones that just need someone to love them and then do that to make a difference in the world. -- This is just my interpretation on the lyrics, btw. The song could be about any villain, apart from the he/him pronouns it's not defined if we're talking about a man or a woman. Also, the song could be about a fictional villain and not represent real life at all. But this is the message I happened to read into it today. And listened to the song like 7 times in a row.)

Otherwise, I wasn't feeling this week's list. Lots of emo music and power metal for some reason...


Release Radar
- Ashnikko - Paint the Town Blue (from the series Arcane League of Legends). (Not her best flow... Makes me want to go listen to her older songs, with a better flow...)
- Ren - KUJO BEAT DOWN (Just heard this for the first time this morning. Wrote about it. It's great! 🔥)
- LL COOL J ft. Eminem - Murdegram Deux (This is great! I don't think I've heard a song by LL COOL J before! I've obviously heard of him, but not songs by him, I don't think. He sounds great! And Em's a GOAT. This song's great! And I sound like a broken record...)
- HalaCG etc - Hop on Fortnite (Fuck this hook is annoying, but the flows on the verses!! Wow! I need to check out these other guys: Louverture & Freshy Kanal)
- Nik Nocturnal - Slavic Metal 2 (Haven't heard the first one, but the "hard bass" threw me off for a bit lmao! And the rapping is on point, holy fuck! This slaps!)
- RAEGAN - TIM BURTON - REMIX (Heard yesterday. It's good! Stalker is still my favorite Raegan song, though.)
- The Foreshadowing - Lobbies (It's alright. They have better songs.)
- Zero 9:36 - Chasing Shadows (It's alright. The previous song before this was 🔥🔥🔥)
- The Browning x THE DEFECT - OMNI
- Sophie Hunter - Cha Cha (She can rap? Why do I always forget that she can rap?!)
- Boy Bowser - Apeshit (Ok! That's pretty good! It got better towards the end. I followed Boy Bowser because I wanted to hear if he has other good songs besides the one I've heard - I think it was called Ma'am or sth? - and this is promising! I like his flows, especially towards the end!)
- messier - What Would Jesus Do? (Oh hey, a guy I actually know irl! Good song, man! The chorus is catchy! ^^)
- NIKKO ft. Istasha - TALKING TO GOD (Istasha ate!! NIKKO could work on his annunciation and production, but he's alright.)
- Leprous - Starlight (Pretty good.)
- DAMAG3 x Sunset Ro x Infatuation - RUN (Heard on the studio lives she's done, but those don't have the intro. This is 🔥 I'm beginning to think Infatuation is more a producer than a rapper, they don't seem to rap in most of the songs I've heard from them. Sunset Ro rapped the intro to this song, which I had not heard before, because the studio lives just have DAMAG3 on the mic.)

Comments

Popular Posts