Weekly Recap (Sept 23rd-29th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Jordan Fiction - GOD'S FAVORITE
- Mirakill x GrimesAI - Hardcore (Love it! The Vibe playlist and Deep Dive list, I think I'll love all of her music.)
- Breakthrough Even x James Deberg - Your Blood Is Changing (Love his voice, very talented singer!)
- Chxrlotte - What Are You Afraid of?
- Grace Blue - Daydream
- TIMMS - Tiptoe (I've been into pop with this sound for a while now. This certain alt pop sound.)
- Mugxtsu - Under the Pillow (The instrumental was captivating! Do they have just the instrumental version... -- No, but they have an acoustic version, that sounds interesting! -- Meh... The vocals don't live up to the level of the music. Especially the screams.)
- Sub Urban - RABBIT HOLE
- No Oath - Nine (I like this a lot! Interesting combo of very heavy underground metal and EDM elements... And he makes it work... Put this on my Three Song Listen list, I need to see if his other songs are just as good before Deep Diving into it...)
- Annisokay - Calamity (🤟)
- Clayton King - Equivalent Exchange (🤟)

Heard the new Linkin Park song that they did for League of Legends with the new female singer, this is the first time I hear her sing.
I like it. Taking in a new singer instead of cashing on old songs, first of all, I respect this direction. Second of all, her being a woman will probably lessen the comparison to Chester.
Third of all, now that I've heard her, she fills that role nicely! Instead of filling a Chester-shaped hole she made the hole fit her, if that makes sense... They still sound like Linkin Park, but not like a copy of the old Linkin Park. They're a new Linkin Park.
Her voice is similar enough and different enough compared to Chester's. Her grit sounds the same, she can scream pretty fuckin well (I counted 18sec on this song)... Now I want to hear if she can bring in that same feeling into it, that Chester had. This was obvs a wrong song for it, video game music is supposed to be heroic and empowering, but in other songs. I'm following them on Spotify, I need to hear where this is going. 

Release Radar
- Unlike Pluto - Crown (Go Pluto!)
- Witchz - LIFE (THE PRAYER) (He's proven himself to be impossible to do a Deep Dive on. I tried, and then he released two new album in that time...)
- Knox Hill x Ren - Fentanyl (!! Just got a notification last night on Patreon - and read it this morning - about this video dropping today at 6:15pm my time. It's 7:17am now, I'm on the bus on my way to work and already know it's gonna be a long and tiring day... Sometimes I love timezones <3 Ok, hold up, let me start that blog post now...)
- SIERRA x The Ocean - Traum - The Ocean Rework (I like the atmosphere! The Ocean is so cool!)
- BLAKSWAN - Elephant (🔥🔥🔥 Finally more BLAKSWAN! -- Watched the video and holy fuckin shit... This is just... wow. Underrated AF.)
- Ascend The Helix - Awakened In Darkness
- BAYBE - Pretty Gay! (BAYBE's back! Not as big of a banger as some of the previous songs, but it's alright. And pretty gay, so that's a plus 🏳️‍🌈)
- Culture - Villa Releif
- Ironmouse x shirobeats x HalaCG - Time to Feast (🔥)
- Infatuation - Versace Lamborghini (This sounds familiar... I might know a sample they used in this beat, I think...)
- Zero 9:36 - I Felt It All (Stripped) (Such a multitalent. I keep forgetting how well he can sing, rap and scream, until he does again.)
- Mirakill - Sweat (Oh, right, the artist I heard on Monday! I didn't even remember her before I started editing this post, but yeah! This song was pretty good!)

Heard Raja Kumari's song Karma on a Netflix show and OMG I AM OBSESSED!!

Didn't look into the Knox lyrics yet - he said on Patreon that he'll post them and if he posts them on YT I can get them from there. I asked if I can still break them down here if he posts them on Patreon, but he hasn't answered me. We'll see how this goes. If he posts them on YT, I'll break them down here. If he posts them on Patreon, I'll only break them down if I get his permission.

Comments

Popular Posts