Weekly Recap (July 26th - Aug 1st, 2024)

Listened to Unlike Pluto's Ghost Gardens. It was mostly old songs, the only new one was Lethal Poetry, which Spotify had already recommended to me. But that's alright, I enjoyed the album nevertheless. I love Pluto's production and voice.
Still need to go through Pluto Tapes Vol. 4, some of those song titles look unfamiliar (but he has like 200 songs, so it's impossible to remember all of them without hearing the song).


Discover Weekly
- Kelsy Karter & The Heroines - Cover You (Good pop song.)
- Artio - Babyface
- Plush - Hope it Hurts
- fiftyfive x SHUSH ft. TWENTYTHREE - BURN AWAY (I liked the other two artists, but not the rapper. It's more the mixing than the rapping, but anyway. It's an ok song overall. I LOVE the beat.)
- View From Below ft. msliterate - Life and Death


Release Radar
- Witchz - DRUGZ2FEEL (The female vocals added that "something" that this song needed!)
- Sect Unit - Attitude (I like it. Nice beat, I get the message of the song, his annunciation is good...)
- Chris Webby ft. Ren - Baggage (I know, I know, I didn't do an Initial Thoughts post... I somehow missed the entire song drop, I've been sort of living in my own bubble lately... Got a lot of stuff going on outside the internet and I've noticed social media is taking its toll on my mental health and eating up all my time, so I've started avoiding it on weekdays... Then my blog got 6 new views that day but no posts were read and I was like "??? what's this about, am I missing something, was I 'supposed to' write about something" and apparently yeah, I missed something. This is the first time I'm hearing the song. I've seen people mention this, but this is the first time I'm actually listening to this. -- I only know Chris Webby through this one internet friend, she's a huge Chris Webby fan. The bar "baggage in my closet" - clever. Like, literal baggage, like suitcases, in a closet, vs. emotional baggage and skeletons in the closet... I like the flow and the beat, it's a vibe. Nice internal rhyming in the 2nd verse. I love the panning on Ren's verse, adds to the song. Overall, I like it. Nice work.)
- DAMAG3 - SPR3AD IT OP3N (Heard before, at least on her studio live sessions. I'm not sure if I've liked it on Spotify yet, though. She put out an EP today, I gotta check it out at some point. Have a lot of other post on the way now that are more urgent, but I will get to it eventually. This song 🔥🥵)
- Knox Hill - Wow (Did an Initial Thoughts post. My opinion hasn't changed - the song's alright, but not his best.)
- TWENTYTHREE x Istasha - PALEBLOOD CERAMICS (Not a fan of the whisper vocals, sounds straining on the voice. Love the rest, amazing!)
- SXMPRA x Lil Darkie x Savage Ga$p - EVERYBODY LOVES RAYGUN (I liked the first rapper, unless this is the only flow they've got. 2nd rapper's voice wasn't my cup of tea. Third one is a little meh. "Why he not at haunted house? Prob'ly 'cause he trashed/thrashed me" - the group Haunted House? Someone was kicked out? Is there beef already, after one song? -- Can't find anything online, but what I caught from these lyrics based on the audio alone... It does seem like it could be a diss track... Granted, a lot of these dark trap songs sound like diss tracks, but... )
- HalaCG - It's Time (This cool AF!!! Wow!!! I got chills!!!)
- Leprous - Unfree My Soul (Yeah, too much falsetto again. Next!)
- thrown - bitter friend (This is a vibe... But like... not, like, vibey, you know. It's angry and I 100% relateable and I'm at awe! I need to remember this song for those moments when I want to send it someone!)
- Cane Hill - Permanence in Sleep (Great metalcore song. I really like this band.)
- Derivakat - Fast Lane (A pretty good EDM song. It's a bop.)
- BAYBE - CHERRY PIE 2.0 (Ok! The verses be spazzing! I really really like her <3 The hook's growing on me.)
- Bambie Thug - Hex So Heavy (The rap caught me off guard! I like her flow, I gotta check out more of her music...)
- Gunship ft. HEALTH - Blood For The Blood God - LOR Remix (<3!! OMFG I love this! Gunship needs to go on my Deep Dive list! I had not heard the original, so I went to YT and watched the music video, which turned out to be a short film, 6-7min. This is art. Very geeky, very scifi art. Very inspiring.)
- Katastrophic Khaos ft. Berried Alive - Cybernetic Annihilation (The names are very descriptive. This sounds like "catastrophic chaos" and "cybernetic annihilation". Some of the most experimental stuff I've heard in a while. I think this genre is called "noise"? Not something I'd listen to every day, but heck... It's artistic AF! I sort of get it. And this has orchestral elements and metal influences, I actually enjoyed this chaotic annihilation, so thanks! :D)
- Cassyette - Porcelain (It's nice, the calm vibe works so well after the noise song I just heard. This does grow into an anthem, but it's still quite pleasing to the ears, she adds only a tiny bit of distortion in her voice. I know she can scream-scream, but that woulnd't fit the song.)
- Hidden Renaissance x Infatuation - Flux Capacitor (I followed Hidden Renaissance because DAMAG3 is associated with them. And I've heard Infatuation at least once before. The beat is similar to some of DAMAG3's songs, idk if that's coincidental. The song's alright.)
- Vyshebaba x alyona alyona - Моє покоління (It's in Ukrainian, I only understand a little because I speak Russian... The title of the song spells "Moje pokolinnja", whatever that means. "My" something. I like the song.)
- Kanine - Chemicals (Love it. Great EDM song.)
- Infatuation - I'll Admit It (Interesting. No rapping, but an alt EDM song. I thought they were a rapper. Or maybe they're both a rapper and a producer? Spotify bio just says "Trans artist making music that sounds like when you unplug someone's life support." I love the sound of that bio, so - subscribed! Lets see what they're about!)
- Zoe Ko x Sophie Powers ft. Emi Grace - Dirt(ier) (It's so annoying and so good and catchy omg 😂)
- Devault x Tommy Genesis x Slayyyter - Never Like Me (The rap is lowkey on point! This a banger!)

Comments

Popular Posts