Knox Hill ft. Ren - Fentanyl (Initial Thoughts)

First time hearing the song
Ok, so it's 7:21am on a Friday and I'm on my way to work, listening to Release Radar on Spotify, and this song is there! Sometimes I love timezones <3 The video drops this evening, at 6:15pm my time.

The mixing sounds Ren-esque, so weird hearing it on a Knox song :D Makes it a bit hard to hear what he's saying, when they distort his voice like that... I'm not a huge fan of that choice.

I called it, it's about Knox's cousin. He died of fentanyl.
The crying in the end is heart-breaking 💔 I'm glad Knox has found his outlet, music. It's important to process strong feelings and life changes, like the loss of a loved one.

Ren didn't have a verse. He sung the chorus and I think he produced the track (it sounds like his production at least). Is this more a feature than a collab then? -- Yes, turns out it is.

I hope he drops the lyrics, I can't catch the bars... He's "stretching" some of the words (or rather, sounds), slant rhyming, there's the mixing choice, plus I didn't sleep that well last night...
So weird how I understand some rappers 100% of the time immediatelly and then some I still do not understand even after almost 2 years of getting used to their accent and how they slant rhyme and what their typical flows are...

3:08pm
Yeah, I'm pretty beat up, my brain can barely think in Finnish, let alone in English... 
I had this work thing, where I have to perform and talk to about 25 teenagers. I love doing it, but as an introvert I'm always drained and exhausted after it. Five classes of 7th graders done, one to go. And then the next ones are next fall.
We'll see how my cognitive skills develop in the next few hours - will I be barely there or will I feel more energized after resting a bit. If I'm awake and don't forget about it, I will be in the premiere, though. And write about the video, today or tomorrow, and then release this post.

6:22pm
The video was great! Maybe the best Knox Hill music video I've ever seen. Video quality can be adjusted up to 4-freakin-k! (My video was pre-adjusted to 720p and it still looked clean AF. I don't usually even think of adjusting the video quality unless it sucks and I want to see if it can be adjusted to be better.) Also, the video looked very professional otherwise as well. It could be on a TV channel or TV show for music videos, if one still existed.

There's a list of personnel on the description box - video has like five people who worked on it, plus Knox and Ren as actors. And it also says the production was by Samad Savage, Ren & Knox. That's cool. Either Knox or Ren works with Samad a lot (or both), I recognize the name.

Also, Knox lipsyncs so good in the video that I think I might be able to type down a lot of the lyrics from the audio & video if I wasn't this tired... I'll return to this tomorrow and see what I can do... I know other people will get on it as well eventually, but I think I'll still try. I can hear some of the lyrics right now, listening to them (I replayed it on the background of typing this, to block out distracting sounds in my surroundings), but my brain is too tired to understand any of them. Like, I know how to spell them, but my brain can't find the meaning of any of the words, because I'm so tired. Still at the same stage as when I got off work - brain can barely even think in Finnish, I'm surprised at how well it can still think in English... Anyway, I'm getting off topic, so this is a good time to stop typing and release this.

Comments

Popular Posts