Weekly Recap (Aug 19th-25th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- 7KY - CASUALLY CALYPSO (I like the reverb and mixing, I don't like the voices of the singers or the high-pitched tsup tsup tsup noises.)
- Shadow Cliq - Cyber Warfare
- Friendly Jvck x ONI INC. - This Is The End
- LYLVC - Crawl Space (The bass gave me chills! And then there's a female rapper/singer... And a scream vocalist! This is very cool, going on the Three Song Listen list. Worth checking more.)
- SOM - Everything I Wanted (SOM covering Billie Eilish is a surprising choice, but works well! I saw SOM live in January 2023, on a concert with Katatonia and Sólstafir. I went to see Katatonia, my fav band, but had also heard some songs by Sólstafir. SOM was a new band for me when I went there.)
- Keir - Voices (Probs won't listen to this again, but that was interesting! I think all those syllables were recorded individually and that's why it sounds so choppy. It's very artistic.)
- Garçons - Shellshock
- Errrilaz - Runes - Radio Edit (The Vibe & Three Song Listen. Very pleasant to listen, with the low male voices and the vibes...)
- Deadlands - Black Hole - SkInZ Remix
- MISSY - Hologram (Interesting lyrics!)
- Qoiet x outsiderX x Istasha - heAdworm (🖤🔥 Chills all over!! I LOVE the beginning!! -- Didn't like the second vocalist, sounds like he's blowing his lungs out, when he can't control the sounds of his screaming at all... The high-pitched screetches scattered all over the vocals sound downright awful. I hope he gets a professional vocal coach to help him before he loses his voice completely...)
- Matt Desmond - Young Forever (Great voice!)


Release Radar
- Stoneside. ft. ANNEX VOID x Tracheotomy - La Llorona (🖤)
- Berried Alive - BROKEN AND MANGOED (A bit soft for my taste)
- Cassyette - Say My Name (It's a bop!)
- Kevin Abstract - Big Dog
- Unlike Pluto - Overstimulated (Go Pluto!)
- Witchz - WONDER WHY
- Pendulum x Joey Valence & Brae (The latter's Spotify bio says "Who tf reads Spotify bios". I do, bitch! 😂 You sound like Zack De La Rocha and it's confusing me. 😂 Besides, I like being educated on what and who I'm listening to.)
- John Daues x HalaCG - Respectless
- Hidden Renaissance x Infatuation x King Quad - FAKE! (I was confused there for a second, when I heard DAMAG3's voice! But I think they're part of the Hidden Renaissance collective? I followed them. And this song is great, will be listening to it a lot in the next few days/weeks/months!)

Comments

Popular Posts