There's no algorithm on Blogger?

 I've tried to release three posts a week for maybe a month now, but don't see a difference in number of people viewing my blog... Certain posts do well because the artist is someone people expect of me, or is somehow related to the other things I do on the internet... 
So I don't think I'll try and rush two posts plus a Weekly Recap a week anymore... It's been making me more productive, but it's also starting to create pressure, and I don't work well under pressure...

But, kind of, this is the first post this week? We'll see if I post something on Thursday/Friday.

Here's a list of things I've been working on, mostly as a note for myself but also in case anyone's interested in what will be coming once my introvert brain gets to it (may be months from now, may be never...):
- Lyrical breakdown of Skandaali - Elämä on peli (with the translation from my other blog). A person on the internet recently reminded me of this song and I started writing this breakdown yesterday, but didn't finish today. I'm way too tired, today was a long day...
- A Deep Dive into Anthony Ray's music. First song I heard was Avalanche (about a year ago), then I followed him on Spotify and have heard everything he's put out in the past year (well, everything that's on Spotify, anyway). I made a draft for his Deep Dive in January, I think (listing all his songs, leaving an X for my commentary), because he was my favorite rapper for a while there, and am finally getting to it. I listened to first four songs by him on Thursday last week, but then the bus I was in was filled with teenagers (literally - girls were sitting on each other's laps and everything, the bus was way overcrowded) and I had to just put on a playlist and keep the phone in my pocket, since I didn't have the space to keep the phone in my hand or the peace to type AND keep an eye on the road (I suffer from motion sickness, looking at the road/forward any time there's a turn or a bump helps, and I know the bus route to work pretty well, I know when to look at the road and not get sick). 
- Witchz Deep Dive, it's started on my phone ( I mean the Notes app, not Blogger - Notes app saves automatically and can be exited between typing, Blogger does not auto-save and if you exit the app, the text goes invisible until you get off the post and back on again, which is annoying when you also want to consider a song being on certain playlists...) but I haven't finished it yet... I've been on kind of a slump with new music in general, I think it's time for a new Recap/Where am I Now, Musically post (see below).
- Can't Stop Won't Stop Pt. 2. It's a book by Jeff Chang about the history of hiphop and I want to listen to everything that's recommended in the book (the playlists at the end). Part 1 didn't have suggestions, Part 2 is roots reggae. So that's what I've been listening, every time I have 30-60min of time in the morning to even partially focus on it. When it gets to hiphop, I'm stepping up my game, but for now, I'm good with half a focus on the music, whilst doing something else.
- Behemoth - The Deathless Sun - Official Narrative Video - Thoughts. I LOVE this song and the video. It's some of the heaviest metal I've gotten into in a long time, and it's awesome. The post is also almost finished, but then I didn't for some reason, and we'll see when I do...
- The Vibe & "Artists I want to support" & Yearly Recap were posts I've been working on here and there for the past 6 months, but I don't think I'll finish. I think I'll combine them into "Where I am now, musically Pt2". That makes more sense in my mind, since I keep changing my mind about who belongs to The Vibe and who do I want to support beyond that, and not finishing the Yearly Recap...
- still haven't listened to Qveen Herby's new album, or Unlike Pluto's new album... latter one, will probably do off-blog and then love all the songs anyway
- Maustetytöt - Syntynyt suruun ja puettu pettymyksin - Lyrical Breakdown. I already have a translation on my other blog, but I feel like there's a lot to unpack in these lyrics beyond that... It's just a very heavy subject for me (depression, wanting to die), so I didn't finish it... Last week I listened through all of their music, and started translating it for my other blog, so I still do see this blog post coming out at one point, along with many other posts regarding their music. They're topical in Finland now, because of the movie that won / was nominated for a bunch of awards last year, Kuolleet Lehdet... I will forget them as time goes on, so I better get on them now...
- Flyana Boss - Mango Bananas - Lyrical Breakdown. This song's freakin hilarious. It deserves a post. I started it, didn't finish, but still have hope that I will.
- Tyler, The Creator - Deep Dive. Yup, started this one as well, a long time ago (late last year)... It isn't really my thing, but I'd like to challenge myself and get into it anyway. I only listened to about half of the first album when I tried to get into it. Maybe some day. It's a bit much, for now.
- Banshee - Sirencore - Breakdown. Have mentioned this before. It's an amazing song, deserves a breakdown, I just haven't finished it yet. It's been so long, I'll probably restart when I get to it again.
- Knox Hill - Off My Chest - Lyrical Breakdown. It's still one of my favorite songs by him. So I might still try and finish this at some point, maybe... I just feel like I don't have enough background knowledge to do that...
- Leprous Deep Dive, In This Moment Deep Dive, Moonspell Deep Dive... We'll see. I was into Leprous for some time last year, but I'm not as into them anymore as I was... In This Moment 2010s era is 🔥🔥. Moonspell is one of my old time favorites, I might still get back to them some day when I feel nostalgic...
- Ashnikko Lyrical Breakdowns. I'm going chronologically and will eventually catch up... I hope.
- Scene Queen Lyrical Breakdowns, at least for Bimbocore Vol 1 and Vol 2, are something I intend to do. I get her lyrics 100%, so it makes sense for me to break them down for people who might not get them.
- Ashnikko Artist Highlight. Will be a thing one day. She's my favorite artist, has been for the past 3-4 years. Every time I start talking about her I cannot stop, so that post requires time...
- a post or two posts on two more TesserracT songs. the first one was so good! omg!!
- artists I've been recommended to listen, outside this blog, that I intend to do Three Song Listen posts about: Sa Roc, Lakeyah, Lex Bratcher (I think I know that name?)
- Artists I've heard on livestreams that I want to check out more: Bingx, Pure Reason Revolution, K.A.A.N. (sounds familiar?), Locksmith, NCT, NMIXX, Prof (have heard several songs in the passing, never paid enough attention).
- the rest of my drafts / notes I will probably never get to

Comments

Popular Posts