Allekirjoittanut - Generation Å (Album, Initial Thoughts)

I'm finally tackling the small pile of CDs I've accumulated, of albums that either don't exist online (like this one, Generation Å by Allekirjoittanut, and Support De Microphones by Don Johnson Big Band - I actually returned that one already, but I reserved it from the library again) or that I've gotten for free (probably just A Perfect Solitude by Frozen Ocean, since I think the Ashnikko cd will probably be the same that's online - the Frozen Ocean one is online as well, so we'll see where will I listen to it).

Allekirjoittanut is a humorous dance music group that consists of mainly same members as the humor rap group Raptori. I translated Raptori's songs for my other blog in May, and they have a bar on Tosi Tarttuva Täytebiisi 16 that they "stole the song" and that they "hope people won't notice". When in reality, they stole it from their own side project, Allekirjoittanut. :D So, I wanted to hear what does this other group of theirs sound like other than the original Tosi Tarttuva Täytebiisi, but not all of the songs were online, so I reserved this CD. And now it's been sitting on my desk for about four months. And I'm finally getting to it.

The CD leaflet doesn't have the lyrics, just the credits and some pictures of the group, so I'll have to just listen real carefully and hope that the audio quality is even somewhat adequate for an album this old (1995).


Vuosisadan raggaustarina

"Vuosisadan rakkaustarina" would mean "Love story of the century", this headline is a play on that. This is what a "raggari" (or "raggare", in Swedish) is: Raggare - Wikipedia

Omg this is so worth getting to this album lmao, this is hilarious! I wish the lyrics were online, I'm not typing these down from an 29yo CD for a translation.

The lyrics are about how he has "high standards" for a woman - she has to be under 70yo, under 100kg, or at least a human being! 🤣 And that's why he gets a lot of them! 

Tuttu

"Tuttu" means an acquintance.

The word "tuttu" isn't said, it's made with an instrumental "du" sound.

There's rap and the CD keeps hitting a scratch, I can't make out what the first two verses are about... Like, as a whole.

Last verse was about him mowing a girl's lawn and police thinkin he's a stalker and arresting him.

Then he talks about his neighbor's dog at the end, and the dog "has a knife that symbolizes...... a drill". Very typical Raptori/Finnish humor - having the punchline be something that just confuses you and then you laugh because "wtf lmao xD".

Robootti

"A robot", but with a more local dialect kind of spelling, with the long O sound.

The lyrics: A robot is mad because he ran out of battery. Eurodance.

the robot was an ATM, I think - at the end it says things an ATM would say, like "pull out your card, take the money" or whatever.

Leikkikalujäppinen

"Jäppinen" is, like, "dude", but no one uses that word anymore. "Leikkikalu" is an old-timey word for a toy, a newer one would be an abbreviation of it, "lelu".

Bit of a reggae vibe? And rapping. -- I can't help but think about the Can't Stop Won't Stop Pt2 post I just finished... is THIS what the missing link between reggae and rap sounds like..? Could be!

His gf is cheating him with "boy toys"!! Omfg, "Leikkikalujäppinen" is "boy toy" in Finnish 😂

This a bop!

(Had forgotten how annoying it's listening to a cd without headphones and other people existing, bothering my listening... noice cancelling headphones are like the best invention ever!)

Jokin paha

"Something bad"

Ethnic vibes, but also a rave...

I like the darker sound and the headline matching the sound of the song.

I NEED THESE LYRICS AND THIS SONG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! I didn't know anyone in Finland has done music like this!! Like, industrial rave!

The cd's skipping real bad, tho...

Reilukerho kokoontuu

An ironic expression, literally translates to "Fair Club assembles", but means the exact opposite - that something is NOT fair.

All the lyrics are like "we are actually so nice and fair!!" But the way they're describing it is so over the top it's obvs just talk. His friend goes to the bathroom and he drinks his beer and laughs maniacially, for example.

In the last verse they're honest about not being as nice as they claimed to be earlier.

Kosminen siitin

"A cosmic penis"

They're aliens, so their penises are cosmic. Obviously.

This rap flow is on point! Omg!! I NEED this on my playlist, I hope it's somewhere online...

Ei pysty joraan

"Can't dance". No one says "jorata" anymore, but I think in the mid-90s that word was still in use...

They can't dance, because the rhythm of the song is so weird and hard to follow. That's what it is about.

Nenä pyllyyn!

"A nose into a butt!"
Is it about dawgs, lmao xD

-- Oh, no, it's a political song! Ok! Like "brown nosing", kissing someone's ass. Sonically, it's heavy metal music, politicians talking and kissing people's ass and Allekirjoittanut yelling "Nenä pyllyyn!"

Tosi tarttuva täytebiisi

"A Very Catchy Filler Song".
Hilarious.
Here's the song: Allekirjoittanut - Tosi Tarttuva Täytebiisi (youtube.com) (One of the ones from this albut that actually do exist online!)
Here's a translation I made of the lyrics: Allekirjoittanut - Tosi tarttuva täytebiisi (A Very Catchy Filler Song) (zinethatranslates.blogspot.com)

Great song.

Ei pysty joraan - n.i.k.omix

A remix of the song we heard before

"The drummer can't count to four" lmao, I missed that bar before, that's funny.

Leikkikalujäppinen - cncd junglemix

Another remix.

Sound quality is awful, can't hear a thing... Too bad, I like jungle music (the EDM genre).

Ei pysty joraan (luomisen tuskaa) (BONUSBIISI)

"Can't dance (the agony of creating) (BONUS SONG)"
'The agony of creating' is a common expression for the emotional process artists go through when they make art.

I think it's supposed to be "artistic", but I can't hear it well enough to have an opinion... there's a cow mooing and interrupting them. And no one staying in rhythm, on purpose. That was the song's point.

Comments

Popular Posts