Weekly Recap (July 22nd-28th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Johnny Goth - BLEED FOR ME AGAIN
- Witchz - ASHES (Gosh I like his voice and production!)
- OFK - Infuriata
- Circle of Dust - Regressor - Battlejuice Remix
- Eihwar - Berserkr
- VIOLENT VIRA - You Wanted More (I don't like this sentiment. That having a romantic or sexual relationship with someone is "more" than a platonic one. Friendships are just as valid. Although, if he never wanted to be friends with her and just pretended to in order to get sex from her, then I do get why she'd be upset. Or if he pretended he wasn't into her like that and then turns out he was. It's the deception that bothers me in that situation, not the sexual feelings.)
- Halou - It Will All Make Sense in the Morning

Release Radar
- Grim Salvo x Witchouse 40k - LONGLEGS (Pretty nice! It was good all the way through, but I especially liked it near the end, when it sounded like the metal I like listening.)
- Grim Salvo x Witchouse 40k ft. Savage Ga$p - RATKING 1518 (Two songs in one week? Did they put out an album?! -- Yup, they did! I need to get on that this weekend! Will write about it, but not post about it right away. I try to keep up the 3 times a week posting schedule, and this weekend i thought I'd finally tackle the Eminem album... it's more overdue than this. -- Edit: The Eminem post is taking longer than I expected, the Grim Salvo post will drop earlier.)
- Call Me Karizma - Acid Wash (Oh yeah, I REALLY like this! Just can't think of anything to say...)
- Berried Alive - Raisin the Dead (🤘)
- MEWONE! - Jin-Roh (partyyyyyyy!! 💖 💃)
- Cane Hill - Fade
- Derivakat - Into the Zone
- Kill Ebola x KAMAARA - Pit of Despair (Huh... According to Discogs, Kill Ebola is a trap metal artist, and I already know KAMAARA is a "dark trap" artist. And I wouldn't call this trap, they're not rapping. It's metal AF, though. And I like it a lot.)
- Witchz - TAKE ME BACK (It's alright. I'm used to heavier songs by him.)
- OCEANS - PARASITE (Pretty nice. Their bio has a quote of someone saying they could easily be "the bext big thing". I disagree. Great music, but nothing I haven't heard before. To be the next big thing, you need to either do what's trending now but better than others, or something people haven't heard before, or be very clever with your marketing.)
- Palaye Royale - Ache In My Heart (Catchy pop rock)
- Unlike Pluto - Who's the Dreamer (From the new album I haven't listened to yet 😅 Sorry Pluto. Sounds great <3)
- Sophie Powers ft. Ezekiel - Overflow (Dance-y hyperpop 💖 His voice is very early 2000s post-punk / post-grunge. So thing song is both very modern with the hyperpop, but also nostalgic.)
- Istasha - A Thousand Sirens at the Press of a Button (👍)
- The Warning - Satisfied

Comments

Popular Posts