Weekly Recap (July 15th-21st, 2024)

Discover Weekly

- Satin Puppets - Circus Tent
- EarlyRise - Dreaming in Sepia (Ooh, I like this a lot!)
- Saint Slumber - RUN&HIDE
- Cody Frost - WOT?
- Lions At The Gate ft. Tatiana Shmayluk - Find My Way (Tatiana is so cool! And their voices go very well together!)
- Irving Force - Gutter Cruiser (I like the metal and industrial/EDM combo, he makes it work really well!)
- Raven Numan - Here for Me (Oh, I love this! Her voice is gorgeous and the melody is so... haunting and captivating!)
- Entropy Zero - Unstoppable
- We Are the Fallen - Don't Leave Me Behind (This band's Spotify description is probably the pettiest I've ever read, like WOW. "Formed in 2008 by former members of the popular goth metal/pop outfit , We Are the Fallen (a name derived from 's 2003 album, Fallen) employed their predecessor's penchant for melodrama and brooding theatricality with a newfound emphasis on the band as a whole. Rocky Gray, John LeCompt, and  -- the latter of whom left  in 2003 -- had experienced significant tensions within their group as it rose to international fame behind talented singer/pianist , so when the opportunity for a new project arose, they looked to former American Idol contestant  to provide the pipes." 😮Excuse me, while I peel my jaw off the floor...)
- Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Fool (Thanks, I needed the distraction after what I just read... Although, I'm still not over the fact that I'm kind of getting into death metal... But this is awesome!)
- Maraton - Spectral Friends (Nice! I love prog metal. Followed.)
- Evanescence - Sweet Sacrifice (Haven't heard in years. She's still one of my favorite vocalists of all time <3 And this was very nostalgic.)


Release Radar

- BONES UK - Fix (Catchy.)
- Steen1 x Julma Henri - Maanpetturi (Oh wow. I need to translate these lyrics... In short, it's a diss track about a Finnish politician, Riikka Purra, calling her a quisling or a maanpetturi, someone who betrays their own country. Idk who she is, but apparently she's right wing and cut social benefits from poor people. I hate her already.)
- Grim Salvo x Witchouse 40k - Roses In the Attic (Oh wow, this is so beautiful... 10/10. I love it. <3)
- Token - So, Trump... (Omg, I love him! 😂)
- Ian Taylor - Big Big City (Whaaaat, he put out a song but didn't have a premiere? Aww :( Come back, man, we miss you!)
- Lamb of God - Laid to Rest - HEALTH Remix (I've never looked that close into HEALTH and what they do. At first I though they were an artist, a single person, and to this day I keep forgetting they're a band. So far, I've liked 13 - well, now 14 - songs by them and in my mind, they're this very cool, hip, modern metal act, who also venture into other genres from time to time. Seeing their name next to Lamb of God made me finally take a look at their discography, and what I find surprsing, is that 1. they've been a band since 2005, so they must be at least my age, right? I was 13 in 2005. kudos for them to be that "old" and being able to make such interesting music! I thought they were Gen Z, people who grew up with the internet and all of the music it has to offer 2) they've had some pretty effing interesting collabs over the years, like JPEGMafia, Ghostemane, Nine Inch Nails, Chino Moreno, Poppy, Lamb of God and Bad Omens. talk about variety! Wow. What an interesting band!)
- The Ocean x Nathan Fake - Preboreal (I've only heard the songs The Ocean did with Katatonia back in the day, haven't listened to them further. This is interesting! This is like... At the same time, very much background music for some other activity, but also, it keeps me focused on that other activity. My mind didn't drift off once.)
- Katy Perry - WOMAN'S WORLD (Her "feminism" is stuck somewhere in the past... I saw a couple of reaction videos before hearing this song by myself, but after seeing them, I'm not really that interested to hear it, tbh...)
- ZHU x Sabrina Claudio - Settle For Less - Club Mix (I like it. I'd dance to this if I heard it on a club. The beat lasts too long in the end, though.)
- Zero 9:36 - Underneath (❤ It's like, every genre at once. Metal, rap, pop - why choose when you can do all of them at once? Lol)
- Istasha - Blotless Ink (Why does he have a lisp? Has he always had a lisp? Anyway, the beat and the voice and the just ah <3 I love his music.)
- emlyn - if boys cried (Ok, I do not stand with this statement. She gets close to getting it at times but still, it's a no from me. Boys are socially conditioned to not show emotion, to "be a man" is to not show vulnerability. It fucking sucks and blaming the boys for it helps no one. Not the boys who can't show emotion unless it's rowdy happiness or anger, and not the girls who suffer by proxy. Instead we should provide them safe spaces to express themselves in that manner and not question their masculinity when they do so.)
-  Unlike Pluto - Now That You're Gone (Yeeey, go Pluto! Amazing song again, man!)
- Sophie Powers - Blueprint (I like it. The hyperpop sound with the autotune, the catchiness, etc. Good job, a solid pop song!)
- The Warning - Consume (Sure, I like it. Very much a classic rock vibe somehow, reminds me of Måneskin.)
- Killhollow x Ghostboi x Skill Suryp - PARADOX (👍)
- Lil Nas X - HERE WE GO! (The melody sample's from Popcorn: Popcorn (instrumental) - Wikipedia. You're welcome.)
- Dua Lipa - Maria - Extended (👍)

Comments

Popular Posts