Grim Salvo x Witchouse 40k - VOIDST★R Album (Initial Thoughts)

Beyond the Scarlet Curtain ft. Lil Darkie
There's a "long" intro to the album and then the song actually starts a bit under halfway through the track. I love it, 10/10! If it weren't for the last rapper, this could go to the metal playlist. He's screaming, but it's the wrong kinda scream, that's not a metal scream... 

THE GIVER
Heard as a single. So good <3 I think this is the same scream-rapper, but here he sounds much more metal. I like this more.
And how theatrical it gets in the end, and the whispers..! Man, I love their music!! 🖤

Blessed Is the Swarm
Excuse me, while I pick up my jaw from the floor... 
This song is... like, three songs in one! Trap metal / dark trap songs can sometimes sound so similar compared to each other, this kind of variety is crazy!
In my ignorant and biased opinion, CORPSE may have started the dark trap genre, but guys like the Grim Salvo duo elevate it to a new level. As a metalhead, I love niche little subgenres that develop their own sound, and to witness history being made like this, I'm just... so grateful to be here and to be able to witness this. 

VOIDST★R
The beat, the autotune vocals, yet being so dark... It's like they read my brain and make music especially to please it! Ah 🖤 If I could make music and came up with this, I'd add a little bit of screams in the end... Slowly growing the singing into a nice, even scream. But this chill, melancholic vibe works just as well! I love it so much!

QUEEN LEECH
The higher vocals remind me of Berried Alive. That collab would go hard AF! This mixing is again so different from the other songs! *bows before the talent*

RATKING 1518 ft. Savage Ga$p
Heard this morning on Release Radar. I love the video game sounds and screaming together 😄 They're speaking my language <3 Actually, my brother might like this song because of those elements...
From a production / rap technical perspective, they have like a million different portions / flows in this one song! Again. They are REALLY into prog metal, whether they know it or not! This ain't your average trap metal!

bellows
🖤

BAPHOMET
Same vocal sample as the song before!
Heard before as a single. Love! <3
When the EDM-esque part started, I got chills all over!

In Case of Flies
It's chill and calm. As much these guys can do screams, this is the kind of prog metal I usually listen to, so this is right up my alley! I love how people REALLY get into metal and realize a song can be metal AF without a single scream. People who just got into metal think that the faster it is and the louder you scream the heavier the song is. Not necessarily, that can get mundane over time.

LONGLEGS
Heard this morning on Release Radar. Very good.

Roses In the Attic
Heard as a single release. I sound like a broken record, but: this is amazing and I love it so much <3 I keep going back to this song.

ST. PLAGUE ft. Brahman
I like the guitar, not a fan of the high notes, but when the song evolves and we get harmonies and electronic elements, it gets soooo good!! <3 And then the metal and the rap and... wow. Then the lounge music, with the relaxed rap! So different from their other stuff! -- Ooh, the relaxed rapper is probably Brahman! Ok, this makes all the lists. At first I would have said it doesn't make any lists. But it has everything. Metal, Rap & The Vibe... 

Comments

Popular Posts