Weekly Recap (June 17th-23rd, 2024)

Discover Weekly

- WARGASM (UK) - Death Rattle (🤟)

- Blood Orchid - Gutter Babe

- Jayden Hammer - Obedience

- Hand of Juno - Destroy The Line

- Holy Wars - BODY//TEMPLE

- Black Heaven - Am I Dead 

- Hatchrr ft. Stephen Geisler - Witches Burn Slow (It would be The Vibe, but we don't burn the witches, we are the witches and we either burn you or if we burn, we burn with passion, not going down quietly.)

- Indigo Blaze - We Don't Miss (Music for the ex nu metal kids)

- Port Noir - Emerald Green

- Cemetery Sun - Sabotage

- Dav Dralleon - A Cosmic Sacrifice to Dagon

- Alive In Stone - She's The Blade (I like the distortion he puts in his screams.)

- Cvlt Ov the Svn - The Murderer (I really like their music. It's a bit like Ghost, but has more street cred - it's the black metal influences, I think. They're more obvious in Cvlt Ov the Svn's music than Ghost's.)

- Frostbitt - Death God (I didn't think I'd ever say this about anyone, but he sounds like Serj Tankian. And that's definitely a compliment, Serj is very talented and unique. I've never before heard someone who's not Serj sound so much like Serj.)

- Status Of The Dark - United (Catchy goth music! Cool!)

- Syqem - Shadows = Light (It got some getting used to, but in the end, I loved it! It's complex, it's catchy, the screams are great... Can't wait what they sound like once they can afford better equipment - I mean, the sound quality is ok but could be so much better. They got a follow, I want more of whatever this is that they do.)

- J. R. Kensington - Dressed In Cold (I like intrumentals, but not the vocals, I don't think they match that well.)


A lot of good music this week! I was a bit busy switching busses etc on my way to work listening to this, so that's why I didn't write much about the songs, especially the ones early on the list.



Release Radar

- BONES (UK) - Bikinis (7/10)

- Witchz - LA$ VEGA$ (🖤)

- EMELINE - Grown Man Cry

- Ekoh x Tech N9ne - Nobody Like Me (👍)

- 3TEETH - Degrade - Rob De Large Remix

- Sophie Hunter x ON THE HUNT - New Line (I'm confused, I don't like this and I like this at the same time!)

- YUNGBLUD - breakdown. (Word.)

- emlyn - buzz lightyear (It's alright. I like her attention to rhythm in the verses, it has a rap vibe.)

- Cassyette - Four Leaf Clover (A slow song. She's got the voice for it, but it comes off a bit... Disney goodie two-shoes radio hit. Not something I'm used to from Cassyette, and not my thing.)

- Wisborg ft. Chris Harms - Im freien Fall - Versus Goliath Remix (I hope the lyrics aren't anything I wouldn't stand behind, because I absolutely love how this sounds... So complex yet so catchy... -- Oh, Chris Harms is from Lord of the Lost! He at least seems like an ok dude.)

- Harper - Bird In A Cage (Go Harper! One of the coolest teenagers out there, hands down!)

- Ascend The Helix - The World Ahead (I don't remember why I've followed them - probably a very good song by them I've heard before but don't remember rn - but this is alright. I like the screams, the cleans are a bit too power metal for my taste. I like how long and varied it is. Today's list has had a lot of simple pop songs and this is a welcome change into that roster.)

- VOLA - Break My Lying Tongue (A very modern metal sound, this is so much in trend rn. They have potential to be huge.)

- Snow Tha Product - Jump (She's on my list every week, I think she put out an album. -- The rap-rap <3 -- Went and checked, no new album... Hmm...)

- Lacrimas Profundere - Shimmering

- Unprocessed - Glass - Instrumental (Nice.)

- MEWONE! - Charger (*waves glowsticks and dances franctically*)

- Paris Hilton ft. Rina Sawayama - I'm Free (I think the world might be ready for Paris Hilton's music career. She'd just need to collab with someone like Chrissy Chlapecka, who doesn't take herself too seriously. To really drive home the fact that Paris doesn't either.)

- Coral The MerKnight x Travis Orbin x Cris Hodges x Nik Nocturnal - MINDF!@#% (One of them sounds exactly like Andrew Mailloux from Rishloo.)

- Camila Cabello - Chanel No.5 (I can sorta see what she was going for, but the song is still... not good, to put it nicely.)

- CHINCHILLA - Bounce Back (She's bouncing back? Does this mean she's not signed anymore? I hope so, her music as an independent artist was so much better!)

- Chrissy Chlapecka - Emergency (Catchy.)

- Reliqa - Keep Yourself Awake (The name suits the composition. The song's frantic, but in a good way.)

- Royal & The Seprent - DOG (It's got a summery vibe to it. I enjoyed that.)

Comments

Popular Posts