Weekly Recap (June 10th-16th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- KoRn - H@rd3r (Right when I was losing hope in today's list for good... We get this song, that's pretty good. Lol. I'm about halfway this 1h 53min list and I've skipped most songs 'cause they just weren't doing it to me or they downright annoyed me.)
- Toronto Is Broken ft. REEBZ - Drip Feed
- Jared Dines - Headstrong (Noooo, whyyyy?? Could talented people just stop making mediocre covers, please? Thanks.)
- Lauren Babic - Chandelier (Or covers in general)


Release Radar
- The Browning - Receiver (🤟)
- Sect Unit ft. Saliva Grey - Web (👍)
- Pihka Is My Name - Forest Syntax (Another great track. I got completely lost in the music.)
- Anthony Ray - Trippin on Pain (This beat is beautiful! And I like the lyrics and flow.)
- Snow Tha Product - Drunk Love (I like the verses, the chorus is ok, but I don't think their vibes match each other.)
- KAMAARA - TortureInsideMyAmygdala
- Grim Salvo x Witchouse 40k - BAPHOMET (My favorite beats in all of hiphop right now. They make it sound like prog metal, and then they rap to it <3 I LOVE how the song evolved over time!)
- Infected Mushroom - Psycho (A re-do of my favorite song by them? Sure! -- I don't hear a difference, but it might be 1. Cause I'm in the bus and there's sounds of traffic. 2. My cheap headphones don't do this justice. 3. They didn't change anything, this is just a re-release.)
- HalaCG ft. Nahu Pyrope - Sinners (Hala rocks! 🤟)
- HEALTH ft. Lauren Mayberry - ASHAMED (The Vibe!)
- Unlike Pluto - Lethal Poetry (Pluto rocks, too! 🤟)
- Gracchus - Everybody (The chorus is a bit too repetitive - not something you want, especially from a prog band. The verses are nice, though.)
- X-Raided x Tech N9ne - Paranoia (👍)
- KID BRUNSWICK x Beauty School Dropout - Out of Style ("Beauty School Dropout", haha. That's a funny artist name. The song was fine, I liked the screams, AND THEN IT EXPLODED! I really like the screams and the distortion!)
- Chrissy Chlapecka - Girlie Pop (Very 2000s bubblegum pop - I mean girlie pop! 💖💅 In the wise words of Ashnikko, "If you say you hate pop music... you're lying! Or, you hate fun!")
- Siiickbrain - when you're not mine
- Rope Sect - L'appel du vide (I just got lost in the song <3)
- Rotting Christ - Sixth Day (Reference to the Bible story, the creation story - "on the 6th day, God created man" etc.)
- Palaye Royale - Dead To Me - Acoustic (A bit soft for my taste, but the grit/scream in his voice and the rap bit saved it! It's dope! Very emo but dope! When actually talented people make sad emo rock music, this is what it sounds like.)
- Twenty One Pilots - At The Risk Of Feeling Numb (Did they put out an album? Because I feel like they're on my list every week.)

I thought I'd also list songs I didn't like that much, just for my own sake. Probably won't do this every time, though - I still feel mean when I do. I shouldn't - it's criticism on the music, not them as people. But I don't generally speaking like talking bad things about someone's art, so that's another reason I probably won't make a habit out of this. The reason I'm doing this now is because I often forget the bad songs I hear and then I see an artist's music as a whole as better than it is and listen to more of it and then get disappointed. I don't have time to listen to bad music. (And not saying all these artists below are bad, just typing my thoughts down so I can come back to them and see that I didn't 100% love all the music I heard from them.)
- MEWONE! - Escape (More boring than the songs I've heard from them previously.)
- Statik G - Sunny Days (A slow country-esque song. Not my thing. I like his rap songs.)
- VOLA - Paper Wolf - Audiotree Version (Apparently a live version. He's off key a couple of times and the mixing manages to drown both his voice and the instruments...)
- lonelyboy - i'm happy - lofi (Nothing wrong with it, I'm just getting bored of lofi. I'm unsubscribing. It's not him, it's me.)
- Derivakat - MIRROR (They had a few awesome songs, the rest are boring, to me. I'm just more accustomed to more complex/alt music than theirs, I think?)
- CHINCHILLA - The Chain (What she's been releasing since she got signed hasn't been my thing. She used to have a spark, she lost it. There's still hope she'll bounce back, so I'm staying subscribed, for now.)
- Lil Darkie x Savage Ga$p - the ghost and the spider (I don't like Lil Darkie's voice, it's annoying.)
- Reliqa - Physical (I was on the edge on which list to put this song on - the list of songs I like or the list of songs I don't. It's kinda meh at the end of the day, so it ended up here...)

Comments

Popular Posts