Bad Omens - Concrete Jungle [The OST] Album (Initial Thoughts)

 They just put out this new album two days ago, and the previous one, The Death of Piece of Mind, was so great I have high expectations of this one. I think they're one of the bands that will define what metal will sound like in the decades to come. They're the pioneers of modern metal.

1h 31min! It's a long album! An album is usually about 1h, but lately I've seen a lot bands do albums that barely qualify as an entire album, they're like 40min long.

Seems like there're a lot of live versions and remixes and such, though. Technically it's 26 songs, but really, only a handful of them are new.


C:\Projects\CJOST\BEATDEATH

An intro, 57sec long. Some humming the background and weird alien noises and chopped up speech. 

V.A.N ft. Poppy

Heard before, it's great! I love Poppy as well.

THE DRAIN ft. HEALTH & SWARM

<3 10/10. I love HEALTH as well, been listening to him a lot in the past year or so. I didn't remember that I've heard Swarm before before I started writing the tags for this post... The name sounds a tad familiar, but I can't remember anything of their music.

TERMS & CONDITIONS ft. Bob Vylan

Bad Omens featuring a rapper?! I LOOOOVE IT!! <3

HEDONIST [RECHARGED] ft. WARGASM (UK)

Another great featuring artist! I love WARGASM (UK). The effects on their voices are everything, and they're both such talented vocalists, omg!! <3

EVEN

It's a slower song. It's ok, not my thing.

LOADING SCREEN

An instrumental. Pretty nice.

ANYTHING > HUMAN ft. ERRA

Heard this the other day, didn't hit me that hard then. I was pretty tired, though.
Today, at least the screams hit harder than the other day.

DIGITAL FOOTPRINT 

A pretty long instrumental song. It's alright, a bit repetitive.

NERVOUS SYSTEM ft. iRis.EXE

I like her voice. She manages to sound calming and menacing at the same time. Like, she could slit my throat and I wouldn't object. :'D

C:\Projects\CJOST\FINDPEACE

More aliens talking and weird white noise humming sounds...

ARTIFICIAL SUICIDE [UNZIPPED] ft. Thousand Below

<33!! 🤘 🖤 10/10!! Pure chaos and I love it!

THE GREY [UNZIPPED] ft. Thousand Below

A nightcore-ish version of The Grey. It's alright.

THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND [WE ARE FURY PATCH]

A kind of synthwave-y version of the song. I prefer the original, but I do love synthwave as well, especially sovietwave (not that much where the movement originates, I just like the music).

THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND [SO WYLIE PATCH]

It's fine. Doesn't really do it to me.

BAD DECISIONS [LOFI] ft. Dahlia

Meh. Bad Omens as lofi ain't for me.

JUST PRETEND [CREDITS] ft. Let's Eat Grandma & Chief

Another new version of an older song. Meh. I prefer the original.

C:\Projects\CJOST\CLEARMIND

Alien conversations pt. 3.

ARTIFICIAL SUICIDE [LIVE 2024]

I don't like hearing the crowd. If I want to be hyped about the music with other people, I go to a concert. When I listen to music on my own device, it should just be me and the music. I know it's awesome, I don't need others screaming over it to confirm that... It's a fire song, though.

LIKE A VILLAIN [LIVE 2024]

She sounds like GLADOS from Portal!
I went to the YouTube video and people in the comments had noticed it as well, apparently they're actual GLADOS lines.
These guys are so cool. Portal is so cool. I love being alive, listening to this <3
I'm a geek, a metalhead and queer. Those worlds tend to be quite apart from each other, but when they co-exist, I feel so seen and so... like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

THE GREY [LIVE 2024]

this exists

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? [LIVE 2024]

so does this

NOWHERE TO GO [LIVE 2024]

and this.

V.A.N [LIVE 2024] ft. Poppy

I saw this video! When the music video dropped, everyone was like "wtf, where's Noah?" But then this live video dropped and people got it. Noah's and Poppy's voices just blend so well together you don't notice he's singing before they do it together on a stage.

THE DEATH OF PEACE OF MIND [LIVE 2024]

His vocal abilities, just ah <3

JUST PRETEND [LIVE 2024]

Would have loved being there, don't like listening to this on an album. He's not singing half the lyrics because he's making the crowd sing them for him. Works in a concert, doesn't work on an album.

There's a hidden 27th track there, starting at 5:44. An acoustic version of Just Pretend. I love seeing hidden tracks being brought back. Haven't heard one in a while, last time was during the cd era. There's a hidden track on a The Offspring album, and System of a Down has an album with a hidden track as well, I think the SOAD album was Toxicity.

Comments

Popular Posts