Moonspell - Anno Satanæ - 1993 Remastered (Album, Initial Thoughts)

I love their 1755 album (especially the songs Desastre and Ruínas), but I haven't heard much else, and then Spotify put me on these remastered versions of their old songs from 31 years ago.

The intro is great. I've heard that, and Ancient Winter Goddess before.
I think the songs are gonna be a bit of a hit or miss with me, so I'll only write about ones that stand out to me for some reason.

Outro, which, weird enough, is the 3rd last song and not the last, was GORGEOUS! 

The others are alright, but even Ancient Winter Goddess wasn't as enticing as I remembered it being. 
The last song, Fever, was just confusing. Doesn't sound remastered at all. I get that "crappy" sound quality is a stylistic choice some metal bands make, but this is just sounds like actual crap.

I'm still gonna keep 'following' them on Spotify. 1755 was so great that maybe their next album will sound more like that..? We'll see in a few years.

Comments

Popular Posts