Weekly Recap (April 15th-21st, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Alex Terrible - Doom Slayer (Tunnel / walrus screams aren't usually my thing - or at least they don't come up as often as i.e. mid-range growl and fry scream, in the music I listen to - but I enjoyed this.)
- Divine Grave - Purgatory
- Cruel Queen - Something In The Way
- Kalandra - Bardaginn
- Dark Divine - Circles (That high scream tho! Didn't see that coming! Otherwise it's such your average metalcore song.)
- Sleep Token - When The Party's Over - from the room below (Why am I getting suggestions for Sleep Token songs? I've already heard all of it. Eagerly waiting for new stuff from them.)

What's with all the cover songs again and why are half of them covers of Billie Eilish songs?
There's also a lot of metalcore, deathcore, etc, similar genres. I blame Nik Nocturnal. For both the corekid music and the excessive amount of covers on my recommendation list. 😉
Spotify is playing me the kind of music the 18-19-year-old me would have been pumped to listen to.


I finished The Vibe playlist on Tuesday evening (just now, but I'm posting this on Sunday/Monday). Life feels sort of empty now. Even though I still "have to" write a blog post about it, to get it "on paper", see it all laid out... To determine what I should listen next - starting from the artists that are very prominently The Vibe, and a small selection of others I really really want to support. And then, if I run out of artists who are The Vibe and don't happen to find more people whose music I want to check out, who do I listen to. I've been picturing a tier list in my head, we'll see if it works as well in practice as it does in my head...


Release Radar
- HalaCG - Entertaining (Facts! This is entertaining!)
- Statik G ft. Doc Suess & The Game - Ride or Die (I like the beat... And Statik G's verse.)
- Bad Omens x HEALTH x SWARM - THE DRAIN (🖤!! The Vibe.)
- Halocene - Just Won't Die (Has it's moments, that pack a punch. Interesting alt elements as well, not as generic radio metal as the earliest songs I've heard from them.)
- Call Me Karizma x DSPRITE - Rather Be Dead (Somehow very modern but very 2000s at the same time.)
- Hanging Garden - The Four Winds - Live Remake (Beautiful. I'm really enjoying their live remakes. I usually prefer studio versions of songs - granted, I haven't heard the studio versions of these - but I seriously enjoy these.)
- MOTHICA - Curiosity Killed the Moth
- Unlike Pluto - Glory (The Vibe. His production is always on point, I really like the soundscapes he utilizes.)
- Stoneside. - Savior (The Vibe. My kinda metal. Calm and melancholic, not too simple or mainstream-sounding.)
- Anthony Ray - Long Day (The Vibe. It's the beat and his voice. I feel immersed in the music. I like the harmonies as well.)
- Istasha - Year of the Black Sun (The Vibe. With him as well, it's the beat and the voice, even though this is different from Anthony. Same components, slightly different effect on my brain because of the differences.)
- Dua Lipa - Illusion
- Rope Sect - Mementote (I think I've googled this before and they're still not Finnish? 😂 Jk, obviously. But they sound SO FINNISH! The accent, the musical style... But they're German.)
- Dawn of Ashes - Exsanguination (Cool, metal music! Not The Vibe, the vocals are too... shrieking. But I like it, def makes it to my Metal playlist. The vocalist is talented - the sound of his scream is very stable and I can make out the words, and it sounds awesome af. Instrumental is 10/10, and that alone would be The Vibe.)
- Knives At Sea x Easy McCoy - Run For Cover (Hiphop, some other influences on the beat - electronic rock maybe? It's a bop.)
- Just Juice x MC YOGI x Mac Lethal - Stay Blessed (I like it. I follow Mac Lethal on Spotify and he's past couple of verses have been such stereotypical mainstream hiphop songs, lyrically especially, that I haven't vibed with them at all... This was better.)
- Future x Metro Boomin x The Weeknd - We Still Don't Trust You (I don't trust you either. I like the beat and The Weeknd's part.)
- Cane Hill - Ecstacy in Grief
- Don Johnson Big Band ft. Felix Zenger - 24 Bars (Such a bop! The internal rhymes are so much fun! Cool beatboxing. The mixing's my only critique, it's a bit odd.)
- Wheel - Porcelain (Such a calm vibe, yet the progressiveness keeps it interesting for the 7min+ duration.)

Comments

Popular Posts