Tähdet tähdet (S08E03)

The theme of the 3rd episode was Eurovision.
I watch the Eurovision final every year, I think I've missed 1-2 years since 2006.
My favorite Eurovision song ever is Running by András Kállay-Saunders (represented Hungary in 2014). It didn't do well. I think it's because the song is about domestic violence (father beating a daughter, daughter running away literally/figuratively). Serious topics rarely do well in the comptetition.

Malla Malmivaara did Loreen's Tattoo which won last year. I find the song boring and am still bitter Käärijä didn't win. Malla has been my favorite in the competition thus far, so this was a disappointing song choice.

Noora Karma did Tipitii by Marion Rung. It was funny. I never thought someone could make a version of this song that I find entertaining. The original is kinda cringe :D

Hanna Kinnunen did Hold me closer by Cornelia Jakobs. The song suited her voice very well.

Helena Lindgren did La Dolce Vita by Anneli Saaristo. It was ok. Not that interesting. 

Sara Chafak did (I Would) Die For You by Antique. Didn't know this was an Eurovision song. I liked it, it suited her.

Teemu Roivainen did Rise like a phoenix by Conchita Wurst. Very nice, suits his voice well. I loved Conchita in Eurovision.

Tidjân Ba did Hengaillaan by Kirka. It was surprisingly entertaining. 

Jennika Vikman did Waterloo by ABBA. I'm bored. It's like watching karaoke.

Kake Randelin did What's Another Year by Johnny Logan. Suited his voice. I liked how calm he was, like... You can tell he's been performing for decades. He was so... present. And relaxed. But not apathetic.

Paleface did Peggy by Samuli Edelmann. Voice works for the song, but I wish he would move more. It's a reggae song, he's too stiff... You'd think a rapper knew how to bring movement into it...

Riku Nieminen did Cha Cha Cha by Käärijä. The best of the night! Such crazy energy, OMG! :D You can tell he's a professional actor in real life, outside the competition.

Comments

Popular Posts