Sect Unit (Deep Dive)

Game (Single, 2019)

A bit repetitive, but the familiar style is there.


Game V2 (Single, 2019)

Feat. Witchouse 40k, he has a verse. Otherwise the same as Game.


Stfu (Single, 2019)

Hook is pretty standard hiphop hook, verses sound exactly like you'd imagine early singles to sound like when you listen to his newer music and imagine what the old stuff might sound like.


Talk (Single, 2019)

Nah, not my thing. It got a bit better in the verse, tho.


Dry As a Bone (Single, 2019)

It's alright. Still not really hitting me. Seems like Spotify's already been putting me on his best songs...


Red Rum (Single, 2020)

Featuring Witchouse 40k. Heard this one before, I like it. Hmm... This ain't that different from his other songs, though... So it's a hit or miss if I happen to like the hook or not? 


Cage (Single, 2020)

I like the sound, lyrics are dull.


Living Hell (Single, 2020)

So many "pussy n*ggas". Can he write about other topics? Does he know other words?


30 Deep (Single, 2020)

Featuring Outby16. Ok, here we go. This has less repetition than the previous songs.


Cold Blooded (Single, 2020)

Yeah, he's getting better as a lyricist.


Caution Yellow Tape (Single, 2020)

Yeah, this and the previous two singles are what I was expecting to hear, I like it. All the songs are about the same topic, but that's ok. I wasn't expecting versality.


Bang! (Single, 2020)

Featuring Netuh. A bit too repetitive on the hook, but the verses are ok.


Goodnight (Single, 2021)

I like that he starts to vary his flow more. Making the music more interesting. And actually, lyrics are different from 2019-2020 singles as well.


Buried Alive (Single, 2021)

Similar lyrics to Goodnight. I still dig the variation (pun intended).


Tick Tock (Single, 2021)

Featuring Tumaggz & Luga. Back to the 2019-2020 lyricism, but a new kinda beat and the new flow abilities.


Homicide (Single, 2021)

Featuring Mvko. It's alright.


Stop (Single, 2021)

Nice. I like this a lot. 


Can't Take This No More (Single, 2021)

So sad. But in a good way, you know. Like metal.


After The Tone (Single, 2021)

Nice flow. Lyrics are a bit repetitive.


Dawg (Single, 2021)

This felt personal. Unlike all those songs about "pussy n*ggas".


Wish (Single, 2021)

He's singing?! Wow, this is different. I like it a lot. 


FACE (Single, 2021)

Featuring 99zed, Badkidmizu & Saliva Grey. Lol the "surprise motherfucker" 🤣 


Trash (Single, 2021)

Featuring Eraze. I'm on the edge about this... I put it on and took it off my liked songs and the Hiphop playlist like three times...


Stuck (Single, 2021)

Featuring Sykopath. These songs are so short it's hard to form opinions that fast... I guess this one's good?


Body Bag (Single, 2021)

I like the flows. And the lyrics are fine. Hook... is there. It's not annoying or too repetitive, but doesn't really make me sing along either.


Buzzcut (Single, 2021)

It's alright. It's a normal song lenght, but there's a lot of repetition.


Mercy (Single, 2021)

Nice. One of his best flows, good lyrics, good beat... Good song.


Or The Dead Are Free (Single, 2021)

Featuring Santos Santana. There's bounce to this! First impression of Santos is that I'm not into his voice.


LOVSECT (Single, 2022)

Featuring LOVSIQ. Nah. Not my thing.


Bloody Crescent (Single, 2022)

Featuring Lord Gasp. That beat is so fucking annoying...


Wonderland (Single, 2022)

Featuring SW Fatboy. This time we got "pussy motherfuckers". We've moved on from "pussy n*ggas".


STEPPIN ON YO NECK (Single, 2022)

Cool flows. Lyrics are fine.


Until The Bones In My Fist Hurt (Single, 2022)

Fearuring Santos Santana & Faceless 1-7. Not a fan of this Santos. Faceless sounds ok.


REAL KEYS (Single, 2022)

Featuring Citr3s. I don't know about this one... The song was over before I could make up my mind if I like it or not.


MOLAR (Single, 2022)

Featuring Blckbrd. Nice faster flow from Blckbrd. 


what is your name? (Single, 2022)

Featuring Velsser. Ooh, nice beat! Velsser is ok, a bit slow for my taste. Sect Unit varies his flow more, there's definite improvement over his career.


Bella Barghest (Single, 2022)

Featuring ONI INC., Ak3k, Witchouse 40k and Sinizter. Whichever of these guys is the screamer... he just ruined the song. Sorry for being blunt but that sounded horrible. The guys rapping were good. I'd put this on the Rap & Hiphop playlist if the screaming wasn't in there...


New Strings (Single, 2022)

Featuring Istasha. Made my head bop. Istasha can actually scream AND rap. Gonna do a Deep Dive into his music at some point. Not right after this one, though, I need some variation.


Puppet (Album, 2023)

- YOU. Strings in the beat, that's different. Yeah, this is a bop. And The Vibe.


- Pawn. Heard before. It's cool.


- Body. Heard before, like this one as well. That's why I wanted to do a Deep Dive to his music - I had heard maybe 5-10 songs beforehand and liked them all.


- Strings. This beat is so beautiful... And the rapping's great as well.


- Stealth. 👍🏻 This album's great! I fuck with this!


- Limbo. This speed is... different. I don't know enough music theory to explain what I mean, but I think it's the time signature that's different?


- Control. 👍🏻


- Drained. I like the vocals in the beat. In general, I like vocal samples on beats. Great lyrics and rapping as well. Heck yeah, this album is 🔥!


- Secret. Heard before. I like the internal rhymes and flows.


- Puppet Show. Repeating myself, but his lyricism and flows have gotten so much better over the past few years. Entire album is full of great songs, not a single bad one in the bunch!


Hearse (Single, 2024)

Featuring Lord Gasp. Heard before. I like the voice modification they did on this one. Makes it sound modern and interesting.


Kill Bill V2 (Single, 2024)

Featuring VVS. Heard before. I like Sect Unit more than VVS. VVS is ok. The beat and Sect Unit make my head bop.


Closing thoughts

Sorry for being such a ruthless consumer - I just don't fuck with boring music. But he's improved so much over the years, OMG. I'm already subsribed on Spotify and will keep it that way. This new shit's 🔥 🖤!! Definitely want to hear what he puts out in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts