Grim Salvo (Deep Dive)

Guck (single, 2019)
Wow. It's much more trap/hiphop than their newer music. Newer is much more prog metal. Explains why they work with rappers so much.

Waste in the Shade (single, 2019)
Hey, I can hear the kind of metal they do in this song! But the beat is still hiphop (and sick as fuck!!). But there's still rap in it. And this is already The Vibe.

Smiles Are Weak (single, 2018)
Interesting choice, the production quality not being as pristine as in their newer work. Or, I think, in the two older songs I just heard. It works better with the sound "breaking" later.

Burnside (single, 2018)
This is... alt. I like it, but it's a bit too weird for The Vibe. The flows on this thougah... I like the versatility of them.

Grey.Link (single, 2018)
Quite different as well. I like the aggression 🖤 I like the catchiness, and the sound effects of the beat give me chills (the good kind). 

Eye.Sink (single, 2019)
Another good, alt hiphop song. I wonder when they turn more into a metal band. When I first heard them, I thought they were a metal band.

Tropic of Sarin (single, 2020)
Featuring Polar Opposites. I can hear the beats getting more complex, starting to sound like prog metal. There's still a lot of rap, but the aggression does occasionally become so aggressive it's metal screams. God these lyrics as well! I've never paid attention to their lyrics before...

Lurch.Lung (single, 2020)
Featuring Witchouse 40k. THIS is the Grim Salvo I know! 10/10. Words aren't wording, but gosh 🖤

10:1 Ikejime (single, 2020)
Featuring ONI INC. & CoaastGxd. This so weird again 😂 I love it 🖤 Makes me laugh cause it's so random. The rapping again! All these people are so talented!

Dolores (EP, 2020)
- Moth Grinder. N0ice. The beats, the rapping... such a good song, again.
- Lurch.Lung.
- Chemical Peel Freestyle. 😂 Beginning made me laugh and grin like an idiot. And this is a banger! So good!!
- 10:1 Ikejime.
- Ergot. Yeah, the beats are definitely getting more complex as time goes on. This is so good!

SKEET MODE (single, 2020)
Featuring Jmattson. I... I am in love. The screams, the hiphop... These guys love the music I love 🖤

Boysenberry Sepsis (single, 2021)
Featuring Saliva Grey & 99zed. Such a good hiphop song! <3

CLOSE TIES (single, 2021)
Very CORPSE-esque lyrics, but the rap is their own style. Because of the lyrics, it's not The Vibe, but I like it nevertheless. It's a banger.

Feasting.On.The.Guts.Of.Angels. (single, 2021)
Featuring KAMAARA. Very good hiphop song again. And so... enticing.. that it's The Vibe as well.

why do I still care? (single, 2023)
Featuring Savage Ga$p. I feel like this is more personal? That, or they wanted to go to a different, more sensitive, direction for a change. "Can't spell 'fucking' without U and I, baby" 😄 I like this. It's different from the rest of their songs.

MILDRED (album, 2022)
- HEART OF DARKNESS. Featuring Sect Unit. One of the songs I had heard before doing this Deep Dive. 10/10. Hands down on of the best songs I heard last year. And both my favorite band Katatonia and my favorite artist Ashnikko put out albums last year, so this is saying A LOT.
- CLOSE TIES. 
- Walt Disney Warmdog. Another one I had heard before (last year). Idk how it didn't click listening to this song that they're rappers. Sure, it has tons of influence from prog metal, but still.
- Contact Your Local Liquidator. Featuring Bruxism. Another one that's more hiphop than metal, but the influence is definitely there. Great song.
- 1•300•LIQUIDATE. Featurin Bruxism. Yeah. Spotify just clearly gave me the most metal songs from their discography.
OREGON BOYZ. Pretty good. They have a certain sound in their hiphop songs. The beats are top notch, I freakin love this shit! The rapping is... quite similar from one song to the next. It'll take me time to learn the differences between some of these songs.
- Feasting.On.The.Guts.Of.Angels. But then there are songs like this, that still sound like them, but not the exact same than the rest of their songs.
- March of the Earwigs. I've heard the instrumental, but not this. The screams in the beginning 🖤
- Opera of the Urchin. Calmer than their songs on average. 
- BLACK RAINBOW. Featuring Witchouse 40k. I've heard the instrumental of this as well! Very nice.

MILDRED DECOMPOSED (Instrumental) (album, 2023)
Instrumental versions of the songs of MILDRED. "Featuring" ³³MARROW, their own production company. All of the songs are The Vibe. 10/10.

in your darkest nightmares, you'll see me (single, 2024)
Featuring Savage Ga$p & KAMAARA.
HALLOWEEN IS EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR. I've heard this before and yeeeeess I LOVE IT STILL! 10/10. Awesome piece of work, dudes!

Songs they're featuring in
- KAMAARA's TrenchWorld & Dr0nched In Sw0t. 2020. I've heard both, like both. Am gonna do a KAMAARA Deep Dive at some point, so I'll talk about them in more detail then.
- PLEASE DON'T HAUNT ME with the new Haunted House supergroup/label/whatever they just formed with Savage Ga$p and KAMAARA. Heard this song on Friday in my Release Radar. Love it, cannot wait for more!
- CoaastGxd's Floccinaucinihilipilification. 2021. Haven't heard before, will listen now. Weird beat for hiphop... This song's very weird :D As usually on this blog, that's a good thing. Being too weird, always better than playing it safe and being boring. But would I like to listen to this again? Honestly, no. I liked it on Spotify (cause I wanna support the weirdness, even a little bit) but didn't put it on any playlist.
- ONI INC.'s Stuffy Bunny. 2021. Haven't heard before, will listen now. Nah. The aggressiveness doesn't seem as genuinely metal-influenced as with Grim Salvo. Lyrics are generic rap shit as well. Beat is obviously Grim Salvo's. Sorry for the hate :D

Overall thoughts
I LOVE THEM AND THEY KEEP GETTING BETTER AND I'M SO HAPPY I FOUND THEM THIS EARLY IN THEIR CAREER! 🖤

Comments

Popular Posts