Weekly Recap (March 25th-31st, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Infected Rain - DYING LIGHT (She's a very talented screamer!)
- Daedric - 115 (A banger! And those screams are SO BADASS!!)
- Saphir x gizmo - Numb My Mind (GOSH gizmo is a good screamer! Spotify's finally catching up on my music taste!)
- Melt Motif x Processor - This Is the End (The Vibe. I love her voice, very haunting.)
- Dogma - My First Peak (Creepy lullaby, turned into witchy progressive metal, turned into mainstream radio metal... I liked the first verse, then it got kinda meh...)
- Frayle - Darker Than Black (🖤 This is gonna play in my head later today.)
- Opal In Sky - Planetary Bliss (They're these twin brothers whose YouTube shorts are hilarious. The music's ok, pretty standard, talented metalcore.)
- Symo Cyco ft. Benji Webbe - Move Mountains (Sounds like No Doubt and Skindred had a baby. But the chorus is a bit annoying.)
- BONES UK - Girls Can't Play Guitar (I love their lyrics. In your face feminism. Like riot grrrl.)
- Sicksense x Vicky Psarakis - Feed Them To The Wolves (Love the band member aliases :D Killer V, Rob the Ripper, Breakdown Bran, Spot-On Sam / SOS and The Trve Cody Taylor. xD)
- Infected - Cybernetic (Again, 1st verse is very promising, and then it gets mainstream and boring in the chorus...)
- King Yosef - Power
- OCEANS - Icarus (Somehow familiar in sound, but somehow something completely different... I really like this!)
- Priest - Populist (Full on industrial. Not even industrial metal, just industrial. I like it. It's different from the stuff I usually listen to.)
- DanielFromSalem - Evil (After all the metal, I didn't like this at first. But when I started listening to it from a hiphop perspective, my opinion changed.)
- Eleine - We Are Legion (Symphonic / gothic metal. Good song.)
- KALCYFR x MORIS BLAK - A Touch of Malice
- Uncured - Fight This War (The rap sold it for me. I'm glad I stuck around, the beginning of the song was a bit boring.)
- Corporate Avenger - Jesus Christ Homosexual (I still remember The Bible Is Bullshit, I like that song. In this the lyrics are funny, sonically it's a bit boring.)
- Igorrr - Camel Dancefloor (I can picture it. 🐫)
- Tigercub - The Perfume of Decay (It grew on me as it went on.)


Release Radar
- Moonspell - Ancient Winter Goddess - 1993 Remastered (Wow. A lot heavier than the stuff I usually listen to, but it explains their current style well. They sound exactly like one of those bands that used to be very heavy and then chose to go to a more melodic direction later. They sound different from the bands that have always been melodic.)
- GREYSTONE - Bock 22 (The Nik Nocturnal, Paula Carregosa, singer of Tallah, Austin Dickey and Damien Ward deathcore band from Musician Mansion. Back at it again. These vocalists are insane! Not my style of music at all but I still love it because, like... Austin is one of the most talented metal vocalists of his generation.)
- Anthony Ray - 28 Ways To Die (I always forget he's so young. Everyone's younger than me. Austin, Anthony... I feel old. And I'm only 31 years and 11 months.)
- emlyn - oops, my bad! (She's got a great sense of rhythm.)
- Twenty One Pilots - Next Semester (More of the alt rock side of their music. They have that, then they have the alt rap side, and the EDM side. If I played someone three of their songs, I'd pick one of each.)
- Anyma x. Grimes - Welcome To The Opera - Adriatique Remix
- Reliqa - Killstar (I didn't know/remember she could rap! Cool! A prog metal band whose vocalist can rap! Could it get more perfect than that? Answer: No.)
- Gracchus - Let's Dance
- sKitz Kraven - Spiral (Wow, sKitz being real and not a storytelling horrorcore artist all the time. Cool to see a different side to him.)
- Hozier - Empire Now (What. A. Voice. I got chills.)
- Knives At Sea x Easy Mccoy - Make It Count (A bop!)
- Lacrimas Profundere - Obscurity
- Rotting Christ - Saoirse (I'm surprised I like this. I remember hearing them 15-20 years ago and thinking their music is too heavy for me. Either they got less heavy or I've gotten more used to heavier music. Probably both.)
- jeniverse - self medicate (I like her voice, and the style of music - reminds me of 90s grunge bands with a female singer, especially Garbage.)
- Sick n' beautiful - Death Police (I mean, it's clearly inspired by In This Moment - the mix of genres, the look of the main singer, etc - but "pirates from outer space" themed industrial hard rock is... Pretty hecking unique. And she can scream pretty well.)
- Snow Tha Product - Química
- ZHU x BANKS x bludnymph - Praise (GOD THIS IS A BOP!! I LOVE IT!!)
- Sakis Tolis - Seal 2-(Revelation 63-4)-the War on Earth (I should get more into this lore...)

Comments

Popular Posts