Weekly Recap (March 11th-17th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Hollow - Deep End
- DARLAH - Differ

I've listened to the unfinished The Vibe playlist on a few days now, but the Discover Weekly playlist hasn't caught up yet. I feel like it's trying a little bit, but giving me too much repetitive electronic music and emo pop rock. Not The Vibe.
And it keeps giving me covers... Whether something is a cover or not might not be written in the algorithm, though.

I also noticed I've done two Lyrical Breakdowns of Ashnikko's Sass Pancakes... I'm gonna combine them at some point when I have time... 
It's hard to keep track of what I've written and what I haven't... I.e. Ash - I've written so much about her that individual posts get lost in the sea of posts, if I just go to the browser version and type her name in the search box or click her tag on the list on the right. If I type "ashnikko sass pancakes" I find both of them, though. Just a tip if you wonder if I've written about a certain song by Knox for example. (If it has been released in the past 10 months, I have written about it, though.)
What worked even better, was searching only "sass pancakes", without including Ash's name in the search statement (and yes, according to an online dictionary, "search statement" is the correct technical term for it). It gives the same results, but in different order, so i.e. the post about my Spotify Wrapped of last year is at the bottom instead of at the top. I wonder what is the logic behind the order of search results and if I can change that... (Can you tell information retrieval is my field of expertise? Lol, 'cause I can...)
I need to check the settings on my computer to see if I can adjust the search results to only show the headline, or the headline and a little bit of text... That'd help a lot to find exactly the post one's looking for...
To get to the browser version on mobile, scroll down and click "View web version", under the Home button.

Release Radar
- CHINCHILLA - MF Diamond (It's fine...)
- Halocene - Glory Days
- Arankai - ONE FOR THE MONEY (Chills! I LOVE it when he does metal! Also, didn't he just start releasing music, like 1-2 years ago? He's already got over 300 000 monthly listeners on Spotify! Good for him!)
- Hanging Garden - The Fireside - Live Remake (This is beautiful 🖤)
- Nik Nocturnal x Paula Carregosa ft. Punk Rock Factory - Take Me Home to California (The "Blink-182 song" 🤣 This is so funny! Paula is Nik's girlfriend/wife, and a rock/metal guitarist.)
- Moospell - Wolves From The Fog - 1993 Remastered (This is... wow.. I'm speechless. They had masterpieces like this in the 1990s? I swear, the 90s is the most underrated metal decade. Mainstream might have been all nu metal, but so much cool stuff was happening in the metal underground... Crazy hybrid songs combining all sorts of metal subgenres and experimenting with all sorts of sound combinations no one had ever done before...)
- Stoneside. - Loveless (Interesting mixing. How it's very calm, but then some sounds pierce through the mix. And how the guitars are so distorted, while the melody behind is very clean. Makes the song sound a lot heavier than it would be otherwise. I would have blended the clean vocals with the background and pierced only the screams and guitars through, that would have sounded more pleasant to my ears.)
- F.HERO x Bodyslam x BABYMETAL - LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND (One of the most interesting metal bands of the last 15 years. BABYMETAL that is. Something no one had done before.)
- Lead Horizon - Afterlife (The intro especially was very pleasant to listen to, the beeping sounds.)
- Unlike Pluto - Rip Me Apart (His voice and production is so pleasant <3 The Vibe, I just haven't got to U yet, just started S.)
- Fall Out Boy - Heartbreak Feels So Good - Dillon Francis Remix
- Mike's Dead - WAR (Loooooove it!! Nice mix of metal and rap! And some other genres. I love it when people go post genre and just do a coherent mix of everything...)
- Dawn Of Ashes - Anhedonia (Nice screams! He could get a little more punch into it, and work on his annunciation, but god damn! I could never. I only wish I could.)
- Don Johnson Big Band ft. Michael Bleu - Neutral OK (It's fine, but I prefer DJBB's old music. Tommy Lindgren is one of my favorite MC's of all time, but this band is straying pretty far from the jazz-influenced alternative hiphop they used to do back in the day...)
- Banshee - At the edge of the Sea (She put out a new album on the 8th and I didn't know?? I wish I knew where she announces these things... I'm a bit off today, I know I wouldn't be able to focus properly, but I gotta listen to that some day...)
- 906hammy ft. Mac Lethal - Till Death (I like 906's voice and flows, this is the first time I hear him.)

On Saturday, I was in an Anthony Ray livestream for a couple of hours, mostly lurking. I like his music, but his confidence can sometimes come off as arrogancy and I find that a little intimidating... I'm a pretty sensitive person deep down (don't want to be, but I am), and personalities like that just... bulldoze right over me, unless I don't happen to be on an exceptionally confident mood myself, then I can usually match that energy. And I know exposing myself more to that kinda person without having direct contact with them (i.e. lurking in a livestream) will make me less intimidated, so...
In the end, his confidence was actually quite infectious. I enjoyed my time on the livestream and the feeling I had after that.
Anyway, there were actually some pretty decent songs there people had suggested him. Just writing them down in case I run into these artists again:
Like this female rapper, Lucy Camp, she was dope!
Beatpella House's Hiphop Medley. Wow.
Yelawolf, Anthony's favorite artist, sounded good.
D12 - Git Up. Em's verse was just... I mean, that flow!! So good.

Comments

Popular Posts