Weekly Recap (Feb 12th - 18th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Kid Bookie - AI (Save Yourself) (Talented dude. Rapping, singing and screaming, everything pretty well.)
- babychaos - SACRIFICE
- CROWLEY - Pyre (She got some pipes on her!)
- Thick44 - Do I Wanna Know? (It's ok. Made me realize the original, Arctic Monkeys, might fit The Vibe. I put it on the playlist, we'll see if I keep it there.)
- Garçons - The Destroyer (Instrumental metal, sounds pretty good! Gets very epic by the end.)
- MXMS - Gravedigger (I like Timebomb more, but this is still a bop.)
- Empire Fall - ICantWaitToForget
- The Hunger - Therapy
- SUMR ft. Siamese - Firestarter (Nice rock song, a banger! And not a cover of The Prodigy's song, btw.)
- Foreign Figure ft. Jonny T - Dark Room (His voice is very pleasant to listen to, I like it 🖤)
- Black Satellite - Void

Why does Spotify keep giving me so many cover songs? This Monday's list had about 5-10. I don't generally like covers...


Release Radar
- Knox Hill - Clout Cobain (Benzino Diss) (Had fun breaking down these bars, even though it was a lot of work. And the Spanish, just... Bruh! It's such a beautiful language, even when you're disowning someone from their heritage and calling them a zero 💖 😂)
- HalaCG - They Say (Such a gorgeous voice! On the more pop-leaning side of her discography. But, like, a fantasy anime kind of pop.)
- Celldweller - Stay With Me (Unlikely) - Toronto Is Broken Remix (My favorite part is near the end when his voice is altered so it sounds like he's rapping)
- Statik G ft. Krizz Kaliko - What I'm Gon Do (That was short, under 2min... But at least it's rap, Statik G's been releasing a lot of country lately and I'm not here for it, it's not my thing. Also, I think this is the first time I hear Krizz Kaliko. Honestly, can't tell the two voices apart, on such a short song especially... But it was all alright, what I just heard, so...)
- HEALTH - Be Quiet and Drive Away (Far Away) (It's The Vibe. Takes my brain to a different reality, where I'm driving on an open road, in the middle of the night...)
- Einar Solberg - Red - Live (I'm guessing it's from the upcoming album? His voice is as beautiful as always, I especially liked it when he started belting, the constant falsetto ain't my favorite thing in the world, I like it more when singers use it as an accent tool.)
- Raine Stern ft. DAMAG3 - Solo Date (Yeeeeey, go DAMAG3!! The song's way too happy for The Vibe, but heck is this good! I love her!! We have like a meter of snow where I live, but this is so summery! ☀️)
- Heikki Kuula ft. Kreivi & Paleface - Lumikengät (This is more season appropriate 😄 Title translates to Snowshoes.)
- Quadeca ft. Kevin Abstract - TEXAS BLUE (Kevin Abstract being very abstract and alt. He's interesting. Has so many different sounds in different songs.)
- Unlike Pluto - Misery (The Vibe. Got chills. I don't know what caused them, but they're there. What I mean is that there are certain things that give me an eargasm/chills, like very good metal screams, very fast rapping with internal rhymes, low baritone male vocals, a falsetto when it's done "right", etc, but this didn't fit any of those and still I got chills.)
- Marshmello x venbee - No Man's Land - Hybrid Lands Remix (venbee is The Vibe, this remix is beautiful but not The Vibe. Too energetic, doesn't calm me down.)
- The Browning - HIVEMIND (The first metal song on this list... But it's amazing! It's electronic, but still very heavy, but still catchy... Wow. I love it!)
- Vilma Alina - Parasta elämää (It's quite a stereotypical pop breakup song, but not corny. These are definitely feelings I'm familiar with. I'll add it to my Translations To Do list.)
- Tiësto ft. KAROL G - CONTIGO ("I keep bleeding, I keep, keep bleeding love"... if you think the melody is familiar, it's Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love from 2007.)
- Noble Lyfe ft. Savage Ga$p - Josephine (What's with all the summer vibes in the "middle" of winter?)
- OMAR and like a million featuring artists, incl. Ez Mil - j u s t ... g o
- Ronins Musik ft. Blimes - Pull Up (Relaxed cadence isn't my favorite usually, but I really like Blimes.)
- Jenni Vartiainen - Ihmisten edessä - ROOS + BERG Remix (Wow, completely dif vibe as the original... I love both 🏳️‍🌈 I've translated it, I think the release date was somewhere very late this month (I'm trying to do one translation for each day this year, we'll see how long I can keep it up).)
- Falconshield ft. Johannes Persson - WARMAGEDDON (Yey, metal! 🤟🏻)
- Infected Mushroom - Dancing with Kadafi REBORN (Wow. This is a masterpiece. Just like the previous one, I wrote an entire script in my head based on these 10+min this song is. Btw, there's a lot of switches, it doesn't feel like 10min at all.)
- Knives At Sea ft. allalonealaska - RUN! (It's a bop, makes me feel energetic! And I love the mix of genres, a little bit of rap, a little bit of metal screams, a lot of rock...)

Comments

Popular Posts