Ren - Fred Again Mashup (Initial Thoughts)

Not that many thoughts, but some at least.
(Be prepared for me doubting my every word, it's one of those days...)

I like that he keeps his discography consistent with continueing to record his videos live and doing one-takes (at least I think this was live and a one take), despite switching genres, away from rap (which he announced a little bit before putting out the rap album Sickboi).

Genre-wise, I'd say this is some kinda singer-songwriter rock stuff? Maybe? It's singer-songwriter something.

The guitar sounded awesome throughout. In the beginning, his voice wasn't doing it to me, tbh, but it got better and better.

I've had a lot of anxiety today - I need to constantly move, like bounce a leg or something, my physical symptoms take up all my energy so I'm constantly hungry and tired, but my mind won't calm down and I can't focus so I can't sleep and forget to eat even if the food's right in front of me, etc.
Slowly but surely, this song made me calm down for a moment. Like, REALLY calm down. Leg stopped bouncing, I was fully immersed on the song and felt... well, calm... And once again I felt like he GETS me, he really, truly gets the mental health struggles I go through, because he goes through them, too. Even if I didn't pay attention to the lyrics, besides the phrase "I've been lost". For like a solid 4 min from halfway through the song, and after it ended, I was CALM. 

When I couldn't yet focus, the first half of the song, I wondered what the studio version of this is gonna be. Because my guess is some kind of EDM song. But make it artsy and alt and melancholic. Like venbee or K.Flay's Raw Raw kind of vibes. That'd sound awesome!

Edit: I didn't know the artist Fred Again before seeing this (and Knox's reaction video), but that explains the EDM vibes I was getting... I was wondering about the name.

Comments

Popular Posts