Knox Hill - Crème Brûlée (Initial Thoughts)

Knox had some technical difficulties on getting this song on YouTube, but it's on Spotify, and I'm about to listen to my Release Radar tonight anyway, so might as well show the man some love and dedicate an entire post to the song, aye?

"They say time flies, so I bought a pocket/pilot watch" :'D The way this man knows how to twist the words is just... Wow. I never thought one would be able to pronounce 'pocket' so that it sounds like 'pilot' :'D Amazing.

"These white ladies yellin', but ain't nobody even carin'/Karen" xD 

Overall, I think the song's just about him being confident and boasting. He's talking about his looks, like his blue eyes, etc, and how ladies at his shows try to come backstage and want him, something along those lines. 
I don't really think about him like that, my feelings for him are completely platonic and he isn't really my type. But you'd have to be completely oblivious to the Western beauty standards to say that he is not objectively good-looking. He's tall, he's in good shape, he has proportionate and symmetrical facial features. Objectively, he's hot, I agree with him.

There's cool doubles/triples going throughout, about being good-looking and good at rapping, and about food, mainly crème brûlées.
- "cooking" can refer to doing just about anything where there's a product in the end, whether it's food or a song
- "be cooking" can mean someone's doing something well (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/be-cooking)
- he says in the chorus something about "passing the plate", like telling us to pass our plates to him, or more like telling his haters to pass their plates
- he always says on his YouTube channel "step up to the plate, lets see what you got!" and now he's the one stepping up to the plate
- he's serving the music, the haters are "getting served", he's giving them (and us) "food for thought"
- also, since we're talking about crème brûlées, he's giving the haters "heat" and "roasting" them
- his flows are hot, they're fire 🔥
- as we established, he's also hot

Yeah. That's all I got now, I'm sure there's more to it, tho, his songs always have like a million layers and that's one of the reasons I love them and love him (platonically, as a fellow human being). 

I like the sound of it as well. Good song. Would recommend.

Comments

Popular Posts