Weekly Recap (Jan 8th-14th, 2024)

Discover Weekly
- Mimi Barks - SAW (She's pretty good at rapping, isn't she? I think I need to put her on the Deep Dive list.)
- tiLLie - bLeSs uR hEaRt (Very "Alt Z" - it's a vibe)
- Luna Vexa - like you love me (Very pretty voice and I like the instrumental, very pleasant to listen to.)
- Mitchel Dae - pSyChOsIs (Interesting. "Alt Z" is mostly women and AFAB nonbinary people, but this is a man who has that sound...)
- FLAVIA - Switch
- yung cxreal & baby frankie - i hate boys (This is hilarious 🤣)
- Kate Grahn - Honestly I'm Disappointed 
- IC3PEAK - Kiss Of Death (They're so weird...)
- M.O.B. & We Are PIGS - BLOOD DIAMOND (Very aggressive!)
- Mother Mother - Hayloft
- Born2Burn - Reasons (I like it, he has a very pleasant voice. I like the juxtaposition between that and the lyrics.)
- Izzi De-Rosa - welcome to my life (I like the delivery. Very clear pronunciation and pleasant voice, and she can keep a rhythm.)
- Lake Malice - Blossom (She can sing AND scream very well.)
- Aurora View - Lovesick (Another man who has that "Alt Z" sound. Very pleasant voice and a good song.)
- Violet Chachki - Bettie
- Valeree - Deity (This is... sensual. Very sexy, in a subtle and grown up way.)
- Bob the Drag Queen, Kamera Tyme, Mikey Angelo & Ocean Kelly - GAY BARZ (CYPHER) (ALHORITHM! ON!! POINT!!! 🏳️‍🌈 Couple of these guys REALLY stood out to me as especially good rappers, I need to find out which ones...)

Release Radar
- Statik G - The Streets (🔥)
- BAYBE - Nightmare (I wish she'd rap more, it's so cool, different from anyone I've ever heard. There's some rap in this, but she can rap better when she wants to)
- Marshmello ft. venbee - No Man's Land (So cool that venbee's got a collab this big!)
- Lil Nas X - J CHRIST
- K.Flay - Carsick (I wish she'd still do rap, but this is still cool.)
- Anthony Ray - Answer Me (This is different... Less hiphop, more... something else... I still like it, though!)
- Mosh Party - Sauce (Is it about a sauce or something else? 🤔😂)
- Sophie Powers ft. Chandler Leighton - Better On Mute

Comments

Popular Posts