Mercedes (Three Song Listen)

Mercedes is a Finnish female rapper I encountered some months back. I heard the song Solut and liked it so much I added her to my Three Song Listen list.

All her most popular hits seem to be from her newest album Luumupuu ("Plum Tree"). I'm gonna listen to Solut ("Cells") again, and then Luumupuu and Musta leski ("Black widow") as my other two songs.

Solut (ft. Vilma Alina)
Very expressive language and rapper style rhyming. No wonder I liked this before, I still do. It's kind of a slow song, but it's obvious she can rap. Her annunciation is also very clear. That's been a pet peeve of mine with female rappers, especially American ones.

Luumupuu (ft. Väinöväinö)
Hmm, this is kind of a ballad as well. My step sister would love her music. If she gets the lyrics. She's 13 and these are kinda... complex. If she has a song about mental health, that's what she'd love. I like Vilma Alina more than Väinöväinö, so I like Solut more.

Musta leski
Interesting lyrics. Her beats seem to be ballad-y, but rapping is just normal, slow-ish but done with talent.

Ooh, I HAVE to listen to Muusa ("Muse") as well! It has Pyhimys in it!

Muusa (ft. Pyhimys)
I do hear the similarities. They have a similar flow and way of rhyming. He's a bit faster.

Comments

Popular Posts