Weekly Recap (Dec 11th-17th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Chymes - Black Hole Friend
- EarlyRise - The Villain
- EMM - Psycho
- Gurldoll - Autopsy
- Carlie Hanson - Numb
- JordyPurp, FEVER 333, Jason Aalon Butler - PTSD (I like the aggression, and the lyricism.)
- Isabel Rosa - Therapy (Lyrics make this one stand out.)
- League of Distortion - I'm a Bitch ("Fuck you, I can fuck who I want to" 🏳️‍🌈)

A bunch of songs that are pretty good, but not mindblowing... (the ones with no comments)

In the middle of the week I felt like hearing some trap, and Spotify delivered.
I heard Ghostmane for the first time. Song was Vagabond. I liked it a lot. No wonder rap fans like this, this is some proper metal! I hate it when artists try to do other genres and do a washed down version of it. Makes them lack credibility.
Thr songs JUDGEMENT NIGHT and Mercury: Retrograde weren't as good, IMO. I like 1000 Rounds.
An artist I've aparently liked in the past, but haven't paid much attention to is Istasha. A lot of collabs with KAMAARA.
But, how does Spotify dare make me a trap playlist and not put Ash's Stupid on it? Huh?

Release Radar
- Statik G - Roses Are Red, Faces Are Blue (A 2000s-esque rock song... From a rapper... Nice. I like it when people cross genre boundaries successfully. As stated previously.)
- Borknagar - Summits (Nice. Very cool metal music. Sounds gothic to me, but Spotify said it's progressive metal with influences from folk and black metal. I do hear that, especially the black metal. And the progressiveness.)
- Karan Aujla ft. Ikky - Softly - Tiësto Remix
- Nicki Minaj - Big Difference
- Blimes - IT'S HANDLED - REVERSE REMIX
- Young M.A - Open Scars (Lots of new songs by female rappers this week! Nicki, Blimes, Young M.A...)
- Nik Nocturnal ft. Fronzilla & Bone Crew - In Da Club (Heard this on Thursday when it dropped. Hilarious!)
- Witchz - The Eye (Nice! Very catchy!)
- Rina Sawayama - Flavour of the Month
- Mindseed - Phone Home (He's weird. I love him.)
- Anthony Ray - Fake Smiles (Gosh I like his voice <3)
- XOXO - SECRETS (There's something enticing in this... I don't know what it is, but they have my full attention...)
- Paradise Lost - Deus Misereatur (🖤)
- Peachkka ft. Shariya Wise - Cre888 (I like the lyrics. Very empowering, for everyone. Like an affirmation in the form of a rap song. Never heard Shariya Wise before, I really like her flow and her voice is nice.)
- MOA ft. Casey Gibson - Fuzzy Feeling (I LOVE IT!! OMG!! 💗)
- Kiki Rockwell ft. Judith - Arrow To The Knee (Makes me feel like a warrior! Powerful and... graceful.)

Comments

Popular Posts