Weekly Recap (Oct 30th - Nov 5th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Doechii - Spookie Coochie (Based on the name I thought I'd hate it, but the verses actually sound good. Hook doesn't, but that's nothing new. She got talent!)
- Peachkka - Villain Era (I love it. Especially the Eve and Lilith bars.)
- Sub Urban ft. BENEE - UH OH! (Catchy.)
- Pertinence - BUTT SEX (Yey for gay rap! 🏳️‍🌈)
- Ethan Bortnick - cut my fingers off 
- Baby Storme - BAD GIRLS CLUB (Love the beat, love the lyrics...)
- n9neful - BITE BACK (Another CORPSE copy rapper. I do like the sound, though.)
- Talia Stewart - This Killing Floor (It's kinda catchy and I like her voice.)

I still haven't listened to the new In This Moment album, Godmode. I had two days off work, then two very draining work days and then a workplace provided wellness day (we had a lecturer talking about stress and how to manage it, good food and then exercise/arts and crafts - I made jewelry). I've just been... emotionally/mentally not present. Even today (Monday, of the next week) I feel very apathetic and uninterested to do anything, even things that bring me joy... The "joys" of being chronically mentally ill... I'll get to the album eventually. On a normal day, I'd like to listen to it. They're a great band and the single releases have sounded promising.

Release Radar
- Ian Taylor - Unwind (Nice and calm. And some of his best singing.)
- Knox Hill - Victory Lap (I don't remember there being a music video, or at least I haven't been notified of one... The song's great. Great rapping, a non-annoying hook... I can catch about 0% of the bars, though. And that's at least 50% my fault, I'm just not mentally present. He's doing alright, his only fault is not posting the lyrics.)
- way too many artists, incl. HalaCG - Ghost Rap Cypher (Halloween never ends! 🖤 👻)
- VillaBanks and like 7 others, incl. Poppy - Sensación (It's in Spanish and sounds pleasant. I'm easy to please when it comes to latin pop music. Lol.)
- Pendulum ft. Scarlxrd - Mercy Killing (I disagree with the mixing, especially on Scarlxrd's parts I'd prefer them being more in the front / more loud / clearer. Melody is a bit boring, I've learned to expect a lot from Pendulum.)
- Tech N9ne, Zkeircrow, Phlaque The Grimstress, X-Raided - Wanna See Me Fall
- Derivakat - Headcase (Very mainstream, but yeah. It's still pretty good.)
- Paradise Lost - Embers Fire (In the grand scheme of their entire catalogue, this wouldn't stand out. But it's an ok song. 8/10.)
- Nova Rockafeller - Lost Girls (I like that she's still publishing her own music and not just focusing on her boyfriend Tom McDonald's music career - she's his videographer.)
- Dawn of Ashes ft. HER OWN WORLD - Her Lethal Injection (🖤! It's goth, it's ambient, it's metal...)
- Statik G ft. Snoop Dogg - Don't Fuck With Me
- Sect Unit ft. Cardeairé Latrelle - Pawn
- Witchz - Paint My Life - ALBUM MIX
- Call Me Karizma - Put the Gun Down (I really like his music. I'm putting him on the Deep Dive list, so I'll eventually get around to it.)
- Venera ft. HEALTH - Ochre

Comments

Popular Posts