Weekly Recap (Nov 6th-12th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Bella Poarch ft. Grimes - No Man's Land (A pretty good pop song. I like both their voices.)
- Sophie Powers ft. $atori Zoom - U Love It (Kinda catchy. And another rapper who sounds like Corpse.)
- Payday - Big Boy (She's funny đŸ€Ł Such an earworm of a song, too.)
- Emily Deahl - Ew (It's weird. If it was normal, it'd be a bit boring. Thank god it's not normal.)
- emlyn - rapunzel
- MARINA - Savages (I love the lyrics. They remind me of this book chapter I read today, where the Finnish rapper Asa wrote about his song writing process and one of the topics he touched upon was how his early work was very political and dark and how he's had to learn to see the good and to write about happier things. He quoted another person, who said something along the lines of "being mean or cruel is not an achievement" and how people should strive to be more kind to each other.)
- DEZI - Chaos Mode (It's catchy.)
- Madeaux - Say It
- Noah Davis - How Much Cash (🏳️‍🌈 ❤️)
- The Northern Boys - Give It to me (It's queer and a bit weird. Alghorithm is alghorithming.)
- Ivy Levan - The Dame Says (Great voice!)
- Artio - Hush Money

Release Radar
- 000 - i see you everywhere
- Grim Salvo ft. 33.MARROW - Black Rainbow - Instrumental (I love it đŸ–€ These guys really know how to make music...)
- Tiësto ft. R3HAB - Run Free (Countdown) (I really like Tiësto)
- Celldweller ft. The Browning - Switchback (YEEES!! The first Celldweller song I ever heard, back as a teenager, and he made a new version đŸ–€ Old one is still great but it's 19 years old technology has gone so far since then.)
- Paleface - Jonain pÀivÀnÀ - Likis Remix (I like the rock music instead of a hiphop beat, it's different, stands out. The lyrics are about school bullying and how "it's gonna get better" in the future)
- The Buttress - Magick (It's a hiphop song. I don't like the mixing/production. Sounds very amateur... idk why, her earlier work has sounded better)
- GetoPros, Big L & Rayvon - Dangerous (It's ok. Nice internal rhymes, catchy non-annoying hook... Technically there's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't hit me on a personal level.)
- GRAYSTONE - Musician Mansion (Deathcore isn't my thing, but MAN these guys are talented! Austin is such a good screamer and the energy these guys had!! Musician Mansion was this tv show style YouTube series Jared Dines hosted. He brought 15 metal musicians into a mansion for a week and made three bands out of them. Some of these guys have never even met each other and they made this song in like 2 hours or something.)
- Unlike Pluto - Black Lotus (MY GOD this is awesome!! I'm subsribing for more. Apparently I've already liked 5 songs. Name sounded familiar, but I don't remember the songs. I have to listen to them again. He finally caught my attention.)
- Pendulum - Silent Spinner (A bit too simple for a Pendulum song, I prefer the stuff they did 10+ years ago, but this is still a good song. Better than the one I last heard. They apparently have a new album? If this many songs are been recommended to me?)

Some of this week's Release Radar list was the same as last week :( idk what happened... I guess I have to check out what other people are listening, lol. Burst my music bubble.
I did check out some Billboard lists etc, but the results are so boring I won't even bother writing about them. Generic pop songs are dominating the lists.

Speaking of Release Radar, I was today years old when I found out it's called Release Radar and not New Music Friday. New Music Friday is the list everyone can listen to, Release Radar is the one tailored to me specifically. I changed the headlines on all my old Weekly Recap posts, but didn't check other posts or if the text of any Weekly Recap talks about New Music Friday when I mean Release Radar. My Spotify is in Finnish, my Monday list is called Viikon Suositukset and my Friday list is called Uutuuskattaus. 

Knox Hill released a lyric video! I've been complaining for months on him not releasing the lyrics to his songs, so this is huge for me! I'm gonna watch the video and then if I think I get what he's talking about, I'll make a Lyrical Breakdown video on the lyrics. :) It's on his second channel, called Knox Hill Reacts.

I get metal music related news articles as push notifications on my phone and there was a list of the Best Albums That Are One Song Long, aka a single song is 30-60min long. I screenshotted all that seemed interesting to me, subgenre-wise. I might get into them at some point. I also googled the difference between a single, an EP and an album, and it's: In a single, there's 1-3 songs and they're under 10min each. An EP has 4-6 songs and the total lenght is under 30min. If it's over 30min, it's an album.
So, I might be used to albums that are about 11-16 songs and about 60min, but Ashnikko's Weedkiller is 33:05min and therefore it is an album. Just a quite short album.

Comments

Popular Posts