Weekly Recap (Nov 20th - 26th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Gianni Canetti - Freakout (Very minimalistic but surprisingly captivating.)
- The Pom-Poms - Watch Me (I love that Spotify is introducing me to the kinds of hiphop I like most... It's learning.)
- Raine Stern ft. DAMAG3 - LOV3 (Case in point.)
- mazie - girls just wanna have sex (That song was fun!)
- ZAND - Inappropriate (I've gotten more and more into ZAND's music. And they're independent.)
- Madison Rose - ICONIC! (This is so gay. 🏳️‍🌈)
- Megan Thee Stallion ft. Spiritbox - Cobra - Rock Remix (This is boring. I'm disappointed. Howcome these two, who are the opposite of boring on their own, make a song together and it turns out to be boring?)
- RAYNE - My Strange Addiction (A Billie Eilish cover. Sounds pretty good.)
- MOTHICA ft. Polyphia - THE RECKONING (Nice! And yet another great independent artist.)
- Aesthetic Perfection - Under Your Skin (Sounds so good, omg! I just have to add them to the Three Song Listen list, even though I haven't touched that in weeks...)
- Innerpartysystem - American Trash (🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟 Makes me wanna dance. I also like how they're singing about being "sick" and we hear hospital beep sounds in the music.)
- poutyface ft. phem - BORED!
- ADONA - I've Got A Bad Side (I like her voice.)
- twst - Sugared Up (Gosh, I love it. Reminds me of Ashnikko, but is not too similar, like I don't feel twst is copying Ash, but she's probably a fan of hers.)
- Chase Holfelder - Animal (I'm pretty sure it's a cover or at least the melody is familiar to me from somewhere. But god he has a gorgeous voice! I got chills.)
- Isaac Dunbar - pink party (I love it, very catchy.)

Release Radar
- HalaCG - Let Me Fall (Nice pop rock song. From the rhyme writing you can still tell she's a rapper, though.)
- venbee ft. DJ Ss - rampage - existed (I think there's a sample of "Where Do I Begin" in there? Whatever the case, I still love this. Venbee is great, one of my favourite EDM artists for sure.)
- HEALTH - DEMIGODS (🖤🤟🏻)
- Black Pegasus & Anthony Ray - USA TO BELGIUM (I like it. Very clear pronunciation, good mixing, even I can catch all the bars. Good lyrics. I especially liked it when a double for "raw" wasn't sexual, it was sushi 😂 Rappers talking about bitches and hos etc gets old real fast and this had none of that. I don't think either word was mentioned once. This feels way more mature in that sense. Which is great, especially considering that Black Pegasus has a small daughter. How he talks about women is going to affect in what she thinks is ok for men to say about women, about her, and when she's old enough to see her parents as people and not omnipotent beings, it'll also affect how she sees her dad. I don't speak to my dad anymore, mostly because he's lowkey homophobic and racist.)
- Statik G - Stan 2 (A part 2 for Eminem's Stan, where Stan survived... and a letter to Em... kept me captivated from start to finish. I wish there were lyrics, as it's quite fast and I can't catch all the bars and I REALLY want to... Well, maybe I'll catch more bars as time goes on.)
- Celldweller ft. Styles of Beyond - Shapeshifter - TESSERACTS Remix (Celldweller featuring a rapper. Sure!)
- Tribe of Ghosts - FALSE GODS - Single Version (The singing's a bit low on the mix, I'd prefer hearing a bit more of that gorgeous screaming and a bit less of those drums. Weird choice for metal in general, to have the drums be the most prominent part...)
- lonelyboy - drunk face - lofi (Machine Gun Kelly remix)
- Måneskin - OFF MY FACE
- emlyn - hotter than me ('god sent me as karma' is still her best, but this is ok)
- MY3LEMENT ft. MoRoc - FREE PALESTINE (Message crystal clear.)
- Ava King - Worst In Me (This could easily be on the radio, but it still sounds different and unique. I'm gonna follow her, I want to hear more.)
- Weightless World - Step into Nothingness (Melancholic. I like it.)
- Grim Salvo ft. 33.MARROW - March of the Earwigs - Instrumental (It starts off as a scifi + western, then turns into Cowboy Bepop... And that's just the beginning... I LOVE THIS! 🖤)
- The Buttress - Shout Sister (I still don't like the mixing quality of her hiphop songs... But the emotional screams were just... wow. Almost brought tears to my eyes. The pain was real.)
- Nik Nocturnal ft. Harper - Ghost Sphere (Her screams sound so... unnerving, but in a good way)
- Witchz - Killem - SLOW (Yup. Works in slow-mo just as well.)
- Tech Nine ft. Zkeircrow & Phlaque the Grimstress - Death Tries Like An F5 (This collab is so great. Every song has been an absolute banger! I need to look up these other people, I'm putting them on my Three Song Listen list with a note where I know them from.)
- Sect Unit ft. Cardeairé Latrelle - Control (🖤)
- Eminem - Rap God - Instrumental (Cool.)
- Spiritbox - Ultraviolet (Didn't they used to be a metal band? Am I mixing them up with some other band? Why are they a pop band now? Why go soft when you can go hard? Metalhead in me is puzzled.)
- Kevin Abstract - When The Rope Post 2 Break (Atmospheric, melancholic... I like it a lot. He gets a follow. He has nearly 2 million already and I'm not surprised. Very clear pronunciation, great mixing...)
- In This Moment, Ice Nine Kills ft. Spencer Charnas - DAMAGED (It's catchy... It's ok, but very soft. Go hard. Pretty plz.)
- Unlike Pluto - Frozen in Time (He's always been "soft". He gets a pass.)

I need some proper metal now...

--

Just heard that Suburban Tribe is making a comeback. They were a Finnish metal band and they were pretty fucking huge back then, at least in Finland. Their song While the World Awaits was the opening of Big Brother Finland.

Comments

  1. Nevermind the raw/sushi bar not being sexual... I caught the next bars today. Still a good song, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts