Weekly Recap (Nov 13th - 19th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- FKA Rayne - Can't take me
- Sam Short - Naked
- Chase Icon - Call Your Mom (Catchy, very hyperpop.)
- Jen Jones - SO Sick (The song grew on me as it went on.)
- Chloe Tang - I'd Kill (I like her voice and it's a catchy pop song.)
- Roderick Porter - CRYPT (It's a catchy rap song.)
- Kade McCuen - PPV (Pay Per View) (My favourite song from this list thus far. I'm always looking for good female rappers. I really like this.)
- Stevie Howie - stalker
- Marry Me, Bellamy - Я ТЕБЯ НЕНАВИЖУ (Nice rap song! Headline translates to "I hate you".)
- Dropout Kings - GlitchGang (Aggressive. I like it. Reminds me of the music I listened to as a teen.)
- Tunde Olaniran - Jean Grey
- EHLE - Willy Wonka (🤣)
- RAEGAN - STALKER

Release Radar
- Knox Hill - Not 4 Sale (I wrote an entire blog post about this. I misinterpretended the lyrics a little bit, though - the video was in fact shot downtown in Washington DC, there's just a restriction on how tall the buildings can be so the landmarks of the city remain visible and that's why the buildings aren't taller and the city looks as "small" as Turku, Finland. My mind really played itself with that one - my first thought was that it was shot downtown in a city, where or close to where he grew up in, and then I didn't trust my gut because I was feeling low, depressed, incapable of getting anything right... Should have trusted my gut.)
- Token - KNOT (Eargasm <3 God this sounds good! The beat, his rap flow, internal rhymes, the switch gave me goosebumps... Gosh.)
- Dua Lipa - Houdini (I really like her music. Probably my favourite mainstream pop artist. She has a really pleasant voice and whoever writes her stuff is very talented in what they do.)
- Elliot Lee - Alive, Not Well (Love for the independent artists as well <3 I'm working on a blog post which highlights independent artists I've liked recently / for years and Elliot is one of the people on that post.)
- lonelyboy - forget me too - lofi (Machine Gun Kelly cover/remix)
- Unlike Pluto - Clouded (Another artist on the upcoming post about independent artists.)
- HEALTH - UNLOVED
- Måneskin - Valentine (Something on the singing technique reminds me of Muse's Uprising - the only Muse song I like - and My Chemical Romance. Valentine is a rock ballad with plenty of pathos.)
- BONES UK - Ride - The Bloody Beetroots Remix (I love both this and the original song. It's feminist and hilarious. And catchy. "Why does your car need to be that big, is it to make up for the size of your tiny dick? Oh my god that ride is sick, but what a shame you're driving it!" 🤣)
- Emlyn - build a boy (Not as good as God sent me as karma, but I still like it. She makes catchy pop songs and has a great voice. And she's independent.)
- Statik G ft. Riff Raff - Courtyard (What is this, a hook that I like? Me?? The person who hates most hooks? Haha. And, he's independent.)
- Neoni ft. Savage Ga$p - KNIVES (A banger!)
- Infected Mushroom - I Wish - Skazi Edit (I LOVE IT. I've never heard anything that sounds exactly like this. The beat reminds me of the old Infected Mushroom tracks I love. 🖤)
- way too many artists on one track, incl. Big L - C.O.C. Flow
- Artio ft. FLASCH - Head In The Sand, Finger On the Trigger (She has a rapper's flow on the last verse! Cool! Or maybe that's the featuring artist, FLASCH? The song is catchy as hell, too. Go, fellow queers, go!)
- Nik Nocturnal ft. Hungry Lights - PopKorn (🤣 Love the title. I saw the video title he had, something about this going viral?? Oh god I hope he's not exaggerating. I haven't seen the video yet. He's so talented, he'd deserve way more attention than what he's getting... Actually, I'm gonna go and watch that one and then vome back to this list! -- I watched it and he got 2,4 million views on his short video on Instagram, where he posts 30sec clips of the songs and then people vote which ones he makes into full-lenght songs. Ps. Justin sounds EXACTLY like Jonathan!)
- vitunleija ft. Cledos & Elastinen - Meidän pöytä (Very catchy mainstream hiphop. Lyrics are just boasting about money, not that interesting.)
- Weightless World - What We'll Become (I'm pretty sure I've heard them before, but I'm not sure I've noticed the strong Finnish accent they have... Very nice song, though. And they're independent.)
- Grim Salvo ft. 33.MARROW - Heart of Darkness - instrumental (🖤 More great independent artists.)
- The Buttress - Pure Data (I don't like the production quality, but I like that she's rapping. And she's independent.)
- Halocene ft. Lauren Babic - Amaranthine (It's very mainstream metal, very sappy, I'm not feeling it, and then those screams, just <3 ah)
- Tech N9ne, Zkeircrow, Phlaque The Grimstress - What Happened To You? (Jarring, shocking stories. Again, I'm not sure if they're real stories or horrorcore. But I like the song anyway.)
- Sect Unit ft. Cardeairé Latrelle - Body (Nice. I like it a lot.)
- Eminem ft. Buckshot - Don't Front (He still got it. Not that I'd have doubted if he got it or not, this is just the first new Eminem song I've heard since I got more into rap myself.)
- In This Moment - FATE BRINGER (Very catchy... But I'd barely call this metal anymore. This is like... dark pop. I'm dancing, not headbanging.)

Comments

Popular Posts