VUKOVI (Three Song Listen)

I've heard two songs before doing this post, Violent Minds and QUENCH, but remember either of them. For the 3rd song, I'm choosing La Di Da, which has a staggering nearly 10 million listens on Spotify! For a band with about 200 000 monthly listeners, that's huge!

Violent Minds
It's heavier than I expected based on their images. It's rock, but there's influences from other genres, like electronic and metal. The metal comes in on the amount of sounds and the mixing. Rock is simpler, with catchier and simpler instrumentals. 

QUENCH
Oh yeah, definite metal influences. Interesting instrumentation. I don't have the vocabulary to express what I mean, but I mean how the rhythm isn't what it is in radio songs. It's polyrhythmic? Or has an unusual time signature? Something like that. Also, I remember hearing this song! There's a vocal hook on the chorus, when she sings "I know why-y-y-yy". Nice, subtle.

La Di Da
Her voice is much more front / clear on this song. This song is still polyrhythmic/whatever, but much more rock than the songs before. Her voice is great, amazing control and has a unique sound. This is a great song! No wonder it has so many streams.

I'm following for more, this band is great!

Comments

Popular Posts