Weekly Recap (Oct 9th-15th, 2023)

The Hrast shirt came on Monday. I asked for an L, but they sent me an XL. It's fine. An M would fit me as well, I just wear mostly mens size L shirts for gender dysphoria reasons (I'm nonbinary), so an XL is fine. I have one XL shirt already. My trans ass fits right in with these hip hop heads and their huge clothes, lol. Except I wear mostly black and a lot of band shirts. They're just effortless - people can see right away what kinda person I am, I don't have to do my makeup or hair or accessorize (I'm too lazy/depressed/preoccupied with something else to care, like 98% of the time).
They also sent me a cd I didn't order. Frozen Ocean's A Perfect Solitude. Never heard of them. The cd has 7 songs, so I guess it's an EP. Or the songs are just very long... I'll write a post about it, when I get around to listening to it...

Stam1na's new album X is #1 on the official album sales list in Finland (Suomem virallinen lista)... I might need to check that out. I already know each song is a reference to a former Stam1na album. (I wrote this on Monday.)
Later in the week, I did listen to it. I've heard some of their biggest hit singles and seen them live once. This album sounds similar to their earlier work. Very cryptic lyrics. Some clever puns, like Vereen piirretty viiva. The saying "a thin line" or "a fine line" translates to Finnish as "veteen piirretty viiva" or "a line drawn in water", but by changing one letter they've changed it to "a line drawn in blood". I might translate the entire album on my other blog, seems easy enough. Easier than rap and it's doubles and slang, that's for sure.

Discover Weekly
- Qveen Herby - 5D
- Ness Barrett - madhouse
- Poe the Passenger - CREATURES OF HABIT (Like Depeche Mode, but more modern. Similar electronic music.)
- Alexis Munroe - Novocaine
- Slush Puppy - Internetgf
- Demi the Daredevil - Paranoia on Main Street
- Meg & Dia - Monster (I've heard this chorus somewhere!)
- Sorry Mom - I Fucked Yr Mom (WTF 😂)
- GALXARA - Go F*ck Myself (GFM)

I listened to Angel Haze's Girl With The Gun EP (2021) on Wednesday. It was very good. Singing and rapping, no hooks or choruses. Her music is like Knox's in the sense that there's a lot to take in, you can't just breeze through it all and think you've now heard everything the songs have to give on one listen. In that sense, they're the opposite of mainstream pop.

Release Radar
- OPA, Blacflaco & Mikael Gabriel - Badman (Despite the name, the song's in Finnish. A mainstream hip hop song.)
- Ren - Uninvited (It's a nice song. Positive, upbeat. Some reggae vibes.)
- Token - THAT'S WHY THEY LOOK (Token never disappoints, when it comes to a song being a banger and rapping being on point. I should listen to him more.)
- Delilah Bon ft. ALT BLK ERA - WITCH (Yup. Another good Delilah Bon song. Very feminist. Screaming is good, rapping is good... She's yet to make a banger, though. When she does, I think she has a potential to blow up. She's a bit "out there" with the feminism, but I think more girls and women would respond to that if they heard her music.)
- Tallah - Hard Knock (If they have only one vocalist, this is amazing. It's metal, not that different from Delilah Bon.)
- BONES UK - Ride (A song about certain people using cars as "penis extensions". And how size doesn't matter.)
- Lead Horizon - Cruella (A cool combo of various genres. Rap, metal, rock. Very catchy. I can't make out all the lyrics.)
- 000 - Heartburn (Very pretty high notes. My favourite song from Zero thus far.)
- Merta - Katso mua silmiin (🖤 I have to translate these lyrics on the other blog. Currently I'm slowly working on this collaborative rap album called Nyt kolisee. But this and Stamina's X could be the next projects. Although, I also really want to translate the rest of Mariska's rap songs and a majority of Asa's work...)
- Spiritbox - Cellar Door (Oh sweet eargasm... I need more metal in my life. But I'm still way too much into rap rn...)
- Sect Unit, Netuh & Cardeairé Latrelle - Puppet Show
- The Anix ft. Daedric- Spit You Out (Love their voices. Somehow Daedric's (singer's) voice reminds me of MOTHICA a little bit, on the verses. Choruses are clearly rock, where as MOTHICA is clearly her own kind of alt pop. Like, gothic pop.)
- Dorian Electra - Wanna Be a Star (I really need to get to this album... Their earlier stuff was very easy to get into, this should be as well. This song's ok. Some rap AND metal vibes. Cool.)
- HEALTH ft. Godflesh - SICKO (The male vocals sound a bit comedic to me, but I like the song as a whole. Mix of electronic music and metal.)
- lonelyboy ft. 2Pac - holler if ya' hear me - lofi
- Savage Ga$p ft. KAMAARA - soul eater (So fucking catchy. I love it. These guys really know how to make songs, seems like I like all of their stuff. :D They also collab A LOT, I wonder what's that about...)
- Pihka Is My Name - Priority Class
- 3TEETH - Acme Death Machine (One of those metal bands right now that I think are going to shape where the genre is going.)

I also ordered Knox Hill shirts on Saturday last week and they got here in under a week. And look like the pictures, fabric feels nice too. ^^ I just had time to get them from the post office today, so I haven't worn them yet. If I have complaints, I'll tell you in an upcoming post.

Comments

Popular Posts