Weekly Recap (Oct 23rd-29th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- DYLN - Attitude (Sure, it's catchy.)
- Alissic - Piano (The Spotify artist describtion is bonkers. :D)
- Otyken - Genesis (2023) (Who knew Siberian folk music could be this catchy?)
- Flyana Boss - Mango Bananas (It's a double. "We make men go bananas." :D)
- Baby Jane - Dead
- NO THE MAIN CHARACTERS - bad things (Catchy.)
- Vials - Pillow Talk (🤣)
- Alexa Villa ft. FLASCH - I Don't Wanna Be Pretty (It's like... electronic music and punk rock vocals. I like the energy.)
- NILUM - Graveyard Dance (A catchy rap song.)
- Leyla Blue, Baby Tate & REI AMI - Hot One (very catchy rap song!)
- ChuggaBoom - 7 Rings (I love the metalhead community. We are thought to be so serious and scary, i.e. Knox Hill has often said "Metal lyricism is so underappreciated!" and then we go and do songs about cats and food recipies, and cover Ariana Grande 🤣 🖤🤟🏻 - the metal song about cats was by Anthony Vincent, it's on his YouTube, and the food recipes songs I first heard in Spotify and wrote on this blog about, I can't remember who did those, though.)
- Char - User 139
- Snake River Conspiracy - Lovesong (Cool, electronic cover of The Cure song. I love both this and the original.)

Release Radar
- Ashnikko - Halloweenie V: The Moss Thing (I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! 💙 The lyrics, how it fits the current era thematically, the rapping, the delivery, the internal rhyming, the singing, the beat, the hook... EVERYTHING. 💙)
- In This Moment, Ice Nine Kills & Spencer Charnas - DAMAGED (It's probably great, I'm just still shook by Ash... This is probably on the new album that dropped today. I'll listen to the album in full today or someday before Wednesday, since it's the weekend and then I have two days off work.)
- Poppy - Zig (Not her best, at first listen. I don't get it. I hope there's a video to visualize what her idea behind this was. It's not typical for her songs to confuse me.)
- King Iso, Tech N9ne & Matt Phoenix - Feel (Sounds good. Talented rappers, good lyrics, kinda catchy as well.)
- Arankai - NO FACE (YES! The rap, but the metal/industrial influences are just 🤌🏻)
- Chrissy Chlapecka - AFFECTION (Ok, sure. Her earlier songs were just such bangers each that I'm a bit disappointed.)
- Snow Tha Product - Been That (❤️!!)
- lonelyboy - young niggaz - lofi
- Cvlt ov the Svn - Square Hammer (I like it. I do like Ghost, they're dark on their own way and that's why most metalheads accept them as metal even though they're technically not. I'm sll for it, I think that's a very natural trend for metal, since the fast and heavy stuff has been taken to the extreme, I don't think it can be taken any further. Cvlt ov the Svn made this a little bit darker than Ghost, which is a good thing.)
- Alan Wake ft. Paleface - Dark, Twisted and Cruel (This is so cool! I like Alan Wake, and Paleface is one of the OG Finnish rappers, a GOAT. I love he's doing music in English now. Unless Spotify is mixing up two Palefaces, since I know a non-Finnish rapper named Paleface also exists. And what a song it is! So dark, perfect timing to release this right before Halloween... Apart from that, this weeks list also supposedly contained new music featuring Asa and Banshee, but those songs sounded nothing like them... I'm very sceptical. Spotify seems to do this occasionally, where people can for some reason publish songs supposedly by certain artists, but then it's not actually their music... Idk how, and it's very annoying.)
- 99zed & Savage Ga$p - ghillie suit (It says a lot about the Alan Wake and Paleface song that I didn't even notice the song changing to this one. That's how heavy it was.)
- Omer Adam ft. Infected Mushroom - לנצח תרקוד (Apparently translates to "Dance Forever", I found out when I copied the song title from the web. I like it a lot. Omer Adam has a gorgeous voice, the language sounds beautiful, Infected Mushroom sounds like themselves...)
- Azealia Banks - DILEMMA (Great rapping, lyrics are a bit meh though.)
- Sect Unit ft. Cardeairé Latrelle - Strings (I like the beat, the rapping/singing is fine... Sect Unit is good, but all songs kinda sound the same...)
- Blimes - IT'S HANDLED (I like all of their flows and rhyming. A good rap song.)
- Britney Spears - Overprotected - Richi Lopez Remix (He made it a Latin pop song! :D Very current/topical, with her recent divorce... I don't believe what the media says. I think he was overly controlling, like her parents used to be. But this is just my speculation.)
- shirobeats, HalaCG, Justine's Mic & LulunaRina - I made a mistake

Comments

Popular Posts