Weekly Recap (Oct 16th-22nd, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Kiki Rockwell - Cup Runneth Over (Nice witchy vibes, I like this a lot.)
- Ängie ft. Harrison First - Talk to Me Nice 
- Virgin X - Devil in the Mirror (Love these lyrics 🤣 Just burn everyone and everything, the whole world's evil, including you.)
- PierceTheSkies - Achilles (I like the beat and his rapping skills, but I can't make out what he's saying... idk if it's his delivery or the mixing.)
- Arankai - Heavenly Bodies (Yey, no effects <3 At least not much. Just his gorgeous voice.)
- bludnymph - Incognito (I want to like her... Her image is right up my alley, rapping is similar to Ash and Doja Cat, but these lyrics... I'll be honest - what I've heard so far, they're shit.)
- Max Madly - The Haunt
- Brassie - friends like these
- KNIFE BRIDE - FANG DUMMY (The scream vocals at the end sold it for me.)
- PiNKII ft. Lucy Loone - Feminist (They have a point.)
- Jackson Rose - SAW/TRAP (Catchy. I also like the aggressive delivery.)
- Gracchus - Hanging on by a Thread (The singer has an omnious, capturing delivery. Sort of rap-esque. And apparently I've liked two songs by them before this one...)
- BLAKSWAN - DADDY (Sure. They have a song called MOMMY I heard last week, so why not DADDY as well. Very catchy alt-rap.)
- RealXMan - Up On Game (Yey for gay rap! 🏳️‍🌈)
- Filmore! - Fuck Em Up (I wish Spotify had the lyrics, I like how this sounds!)
- Cottontail, Lucy Loone, Raven Valentine & Zepkins - My Bloody Valentine (Well... this was a ride.)

I know this is a music blog, but Everything Now was SUCH a good tv show! If you like Skins and/or Euphoria, you're gonna like this as well. The Netflix describtion text sucks, do not trust it. It has 8 episodes, I binge watched 6 on Monday and the rest on Wednesday. I was way too fucking tired on Tuesday after work, I just scrolled Tiktok and went to bed. The show's on Netflix.

Release Radar
- Knox Hill - The Internet (Another great track from Knox. I wrote an Initial Thoughts post about it.)
- Banshee - Sirencore (I love it. 🖤)
- CHINCHILLA - Cut You Off (She's rapping, yey! I like it a lot.)
- Dewey da Don ft. Tech N9ne - Damn (I like it. The beat is great, the rapping's great, the lyrics seem fine as well.)
- HalaCG - Going Insane (Great. Really shows off her singing talent.)
- Derivakat, Yuki & Cartian - Bite (Cooool, it's like a vampire masquarade ballroom music... but also mainstream symphonic metal, like Sirenia or Eldenbridge.)
- Warren G, lonelyboy & nom de plume - dope beat - lofi
- venbee ft. DJ Ss - rampage (I still love venbee's music. It has an athmosphere I really like. Dreamy and spacey in a way.)
- Kanine ft. INDI - Release Me (Another dreamy EDM track. I like it a lot.)
- bludnymph - Grim Reaper (Ok, this is fine. Seems like I like some of her songs and don't like others. She's going on the ever-growing Deep Dive list.)
- Priscilla Osborne ft. Statik G - Monsters (Interesting combo of a latin pop beat, spacey pop/EDM female vocals and a male rapper.)
- Celldweller - One Good Reason - Drumcorps Remix (It's a chaos. I love it! Celldweller is incapable of making bad songs.)
- CORPSE - DISDAIN (Interesting. No rap. But industrial metal, reminds me of Nine Inch Nails. But he still sounds like himself. I like this a lot.)
- Witchz - Killem (N0ice.)
- Ren - Seven Sins (Yup, I liked most of the album.)
- Blud Barbi - Boom Bite (At times her voice is annoying, at times I like it a lot. I love the concept, though - like Barbie doing horrorcore.)
- Jeris Johnson - When the Darkness Comes (The beat reminds me of Kesha's Take It Off, but I'm pretty sure hers is not the original either. But this is as if the old Avenged Sevenfold decided to include hiphop elements to their rock song choruses.)
- ENZI - Sick 'Em
- Savage Ga$p ft. KAMAARA - what we do in the shadows pt. 1 (They have better songs, but I like this nevertheless.)
- 3TEETH - Plutonomicon (Interesting. A much more rough, underground-ier sound than I remember their other stuff having. Way heavier than their other stuff. I love both, maybe this even more than the more mainstream stuff they've done before. I still think they're one of those metal bands that are gonna shape where the genre is going.)

Comments

Popular Posts