Hrast (Three Song Listen)

Hrast are an athmospheric black metal band from Germany that have only one album (Beyond the Ethereal Horizon, 2021) and 39 monthly listeners on Spotify.
I was googling "ethereal post metal" for another reason and their album cover came up. It is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. So I decided to check the album out, to see if I like the music and if I do, can I get a t-shirt with the album cover on it.
The album has 8 songs, but is an hour long (=average song length is 7,5min). Three songs were under 5min, so I ended up only listening to three songs, for now - Echoes, Nav and Elysium.

I loved them. They consisted mostly of wind sounds and a piano, so they're very artsy, and instrumental, but I happened to be in the right mood for that. What I heard of the other songs before skipping, some of them have a relatively quiet blast beat in them. And that's fine. If the under 5min songs would have had a blast beat in any of them, I'd been down.

Liked the three songs on Spotify and gave them a Follow. Cool stuff.
The shirt isn't as cool as the album cover (they did some minor changes and it was perfect before), so I'm holding on to the thought of buying their shirt - for now.
If they tour Europe-wide and come to my town, I'm going, though. This is the music I need in my life rn.

Edit:
Changed my mind about the shirt. It was only 10€ plus shipping, which is a very good deal of a band shirt.

Comments

Popular Posts