Elliot Lee (Three Song Listen)

Before this, I've heard Fun and Rubies. It's been a long time, I have no recollection what they sound like (Spotify used they/them pronouns, so I'm gonna do that as well).

Fun
Acoustic guitar, some kind of pop... Their voice sounds amazing, that's probably what drew me to them. The song has schlager and disco vibes, but it's a bit more modern than those. It's an ok pop song, 8/10. Lyrics have a dark edge, though.

Rubies
Distorted beat, rapping... VERY different. Three songs might not be enough... Lyrics are great, again. The most highlighted phrase "I like my rubies red" doesn't make sense to me, though, so I'm only diving this a 7/10.

The song Pink (Freak) has over 6mil listens, so I'm picking that one as my 3rd song from them.

Pink (Freak)
Great lyricism and color symbolism. "You see that I'm blue, but I feel pink." 9/10.

Comments

Popular Posts