Dorian Electra (Deep Dive)

Their songs are sonically quite similar to each other (not to a point of being repetitive, but more like having a consistent sound), and the songs are quite simple, so I'm just gonna list songs I especially liked.

Guyliner is very catchy, so is fReAkY 4 Life.
Adam and Steve is the best song from their first album Flamboyant. Very good, pro-gay lyrics.
Tool For You is very sexy.
Under the Armor is interesting, lyrically. And catchy. From Flamboyant (Deluxe Edition), possibly even better than Adam and Steve. 

My Agenda as an album seems a bit more complex than Flamboyant.
The title track has features from Village People and Pussy Riot... That alone makes it worth the listen.
Gentleman is great, especially lyrics. :D "I'm a gentleman, take my gentle hand, off to a gentle land", so funny.
M'Lady works so well when you realize it's making fun of "nice guys". Very catchy, and I love it when Dorian has metal elements in their songs.
Iron Fist is very catchy.
Sorry Bro (I Love You) is cute. Perfect for those pesky squishes (platonic crushes) I have all the time as well...
Monk Mode [Interlude] Wow. That Gaylord sure has great screams.
Edgelord is hilarious, like M'Lady. 😂
Ram It Down is still my favourite Dorian Electra song. It's just bonkers and all over the fucking place. There's a certain part in the chorus that always sends shivers down my spine. And Lil Mariko's screams are just 🖤!!
Give Great Thanks... WHAT THE HELL DID THEY JUST SAY??!!!
Anamanaguchi remix of My Agenda is a great chaos!
dOllywood1 remix of Gentleman is... amazing. And there's a rap section by Danny Brown!
S3RL remix of M'Lady is much more EDM... and there's added vocals.
Strapping Young Lads has rock influences and I like that a lot. I think it's also a double ;) (the saying "strapping young lads", but also strap-ons or packers. Dorian is an AFAB genderfluid person.)
Chainmail is a thriple. They're singing about being a protector of their lover. So, they're sort of chainmailing the revenge etc to those who hurt their lover. They're a knight, wearing chainmail (figuratively). And there's also BDSM references, using chains as restraints.
F the World - Acoustic. Cool. Very different.

The independent singles
Clitopia. Yes. They said it better. Go listen to them. Same with Vibrator
High Heels is a history lesson.
Drag. Love it. Very inspiring. Very queer. Very gender. There's a bunch of drag artists and many of them rap.
Jackpot is dirty. I love it. Gambling and sexual doubles.
VIP has rap and singing mixed.
S3RL feat. Dorian Electra - Notice Me is very catchy and makes my head bop... I can't sit still :D 
Freak Mode. Heard before. This is amazing. Very hyperpop :D
Sodom & Gomorrah. Amazing. I love this song.


I skipped most of the remixes, there are dozens...



Comments

Popular Posts