Weekly Recap (July 31st - August 6th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Vermilia - Marras (The screams sealed the deal for me, I like this! It's some kind of folk metal, in Finnish.)
- Mushroomhead - The Heresy (Late last year, I made a list of bands I've been meaning to listen to more, maybe even everything they've ever done. Mushroomhead is one of them. But then hiphop happened. I like it. Quite a mainstream sound, but very catchy and makes me want to check out more. Maybe one day I will. It's not like I'm gonna forget their name, though, so I'm not putting them on the list yet.)
- The Birthday Massacre - No Tomorrow (Their music is SO interesting... It's electronic, it's organic, it's soft, it's heavy and menacing... Everything back to back and at the same time and still sounds SUPER coherent and put together... I've already liked three songs, I just need to write a Three Song Listen about them, haha.)
- Red Queen - Asyphyx (How can vocals consisting of cleans and screams surprise me every time she switches styles? :D)
- Cody Frost - verbal warnings (It's a pretty good pop song. I like her voice a lot, reminds me of Dua Lipa.)
- nev ver - Break Shit. (Very nice screams, lots of emotion. Lyrics are a bit repetitive, though.)
- Kid Bookie - Stuck in My Ways (Very nice rap. Very catchy, too. Need to check out who this guy is.)
- Soen - Writhen (LOVE IT. I've only heard Savia and Jinn from them before. Savia would be the only song I could name from them, I remember it being some kind of a hit.)
- L.I.F.T - Devil (Very catchy, I loooove this!! I need to check out more of their stuff, they're going on the Three Song Listen list. I want to know if all their songs are such bops...)
- HalaCG feat LEECHY! - CREMATE YOUR LIFE (Wooow, this is... full of effects, but still so... raw... it's the distortion... This holds my attention perfectly... it's the same effect as psytrance, again...)


Ez Mil - Ridin With the Moonlight (10/10. I love it.)

Release Radar
- Grimes feat. Illangelo - I Wanna Be Software (Lyrics 10/10)
- Celldweller - Enter the Unioverse (This man is incapable of making a bad song. They're all fuckin bangers!)
- Skindred - State of the Union (8/10)
- Ez Mil, Eminem, Ezekiel "Slashmouth" Miller & Mike Stange - Realest (🔥🔥🔥)
- D.O.M. of Dnd, Twisted Insane, Wyshmaster & Anno Domini Beats - Brain Freeze (9.7/10)
- Paleface feat. Juha Hostikka - Aikuisten liikennelaulu (A rap song for adults, reminding them to drive safe... Sure, why not.)
- Tech N9ne, Zkeircrow & Phlaque the Grimstress - 2 Happy (Not as good as Carabou Lou, but I still like this.)
- Fate DeStroyed ft. The Weight of Silence - Peace With the Devil (🔥🔥🔥)
- Utsu-P feat. Ci flower - 下品 (Utsu-P is a vocaloid producer and Ci flower is a vocaloid artist. The song name translates to "Vulgar" and it's a good song, I like it a lot.)
- Witchz - Kill My Vibe (Their songs are VERY catchy, I've already liked three of them.)
- Korn - Overture or Obituary (It's probably from the new album they put out? Haven't listened to it yet. This song's a vibe, at least.)
- Daedric - Titan (I REALLY like her music. Great singing voice, great instrumentals, great screams... What's not to love?)
- Soil - Halo - Re-Recorded (re-recorded? sounds exactly like the original! If they really mean re-recorded and not re-mastered or anything like that, then they're really really good musicians!!)
- Azther Skinny feat. Banshee - Fiesta en Santa (Spanish (?) underground rap. I like his rapping, I don't like the doubling on the voice. Didn't hear Banshee in there, but... 🤷🏻‍♀️)
- babychaos - GUILTY HANDS (It's interesting. I bet they have better songs, though. This is promising but doesn't quite hit the mark.)
- Silent Planet - Antimatter (VERY catchy! The screams sealed the deal, they're going on my Three Song Listen list.)
- Murder King - Mahşer-i Balo (Oooh, I like this a lot! Don't understand a word, though. Googled and the band is from Turkey.)

Comments

Popular Posts