The Buttress (Three Song Listen)

Before, I've heard the songs Brutus and Rex - Brutus II. :D So, I'mma start with relistening those and then doing a third song, from the most popular ones she's got.

Brutus
I love the menacing attitude, I've been really gravitating towards women and queer people who sound like this... This is less metal and more hiphop than I remembered. I'd maybe put the vocals more in front / louder than they are, but the verses are otherwise great. The beat is very catchy, the song doesn't need a hook. 9/10.

Rex - Brutus II
Here we go, with the mixing!! If it's supposed to be rap, her flow is not perfect... But if it's just weird pop, then it's great. But it sounds like she's rapping. So, verses are 7/10. Voice is 10/10, she's very intense and full of emotion. Beat got better later, overall 8/10.

Woooow, Brutus has been a real hit song for her!! Close to 16 mil views, when her other biggest songs have mostly under 1mil. Miracle Gro has 2,26mil, so that'll be my third song by her.

Miracle Gro
Yeah, definitely rap. And her flow is way better here. Hook is boring (I don't like hooks). I like her internal rhymes. Lyrics are... provocative, but I might like them if I check out more of her stuff and learn to "know her", what is her background, her story, her personality, etc. The song is under 2min long.

She's ok. The quality seems to vary quite a lot - Miracle Gro is her first single and Rex is her newest... She hasn't got a ton of music, so I might go through all of them at some point. I'll give her a follow, I want to see what kinda stuff she does in the future. I bet some of it I'll like and some I won't.

Comments

Popular Posts