Fate DeStroyed (Three Song Listen)

I just heard of her for the first time, like 1-2 weeks ago. I've only heard the song 47.

47
Nice flow. She could pronounce the words more clearly. Amazing beat/bridge, mix of hiphop and metal. This speaks to me as a metalhead AND as a newbie hiphop head. Hook is fine. She's very good at both genres, neither seems like an afterthought... 

Read their Spotify bio. It's a three person trapcore group. Metal was first, rap and electronic was added later.

Their biggest hit seems to be Crave, 1-1,5mil streams. Bio mentioned Break Free being their earliest song (?) or breakthrough song or something, so I'm listening to that one as the third song.

Crave
Love the metal, nice polyrhythms (?) and unusual screaming style. No rap. 9/10. I miss the rap :D

Break Free
Very nice metal song, I like it a lot. No rap, though. So that must be a newer addition to their music? Break Free is 2018, Crave is 2020 and 47 is 2022. But the metal is so great, I'm adding them straight to my Deep Dive list and following them on Spotify. God this band is good!

Comments

Popular Posts