Ashnikko - Cheerleader - Music Video (Initial Reaction)

I might regret posting this, someday, but THIS IS MY FUCKING BLOG AND OUTLET AND I'M LETTING THIS FEELING OUT RIGHT THE FUCKING NOW!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!

SHE WAS LIVE BEFORE THE VIDEO HAPPENED AND THERE WERE LIKE 2000 PEOPLE THERE AND SHE TRIED TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS. I WAS FANGIRLING SO HARD I JUST KEPT SCREAMING AND TELLING HER I LOVE HER, BEFORE I REALIZED THE LIVE WILL NOT BE SAVED, JUST THE VIDEO.

So, the song is about the male gaze, constantly being obseverved, etc. Inspiration for the video are mostly from Midsummer, Bring It On and Heathers, but some anime as well (I was still fangirling too hard to realize I should screen record or something, I can't remember many titles anymore... Angel's Egg and Tank Girl are what I remember).

OMFG I SAW ASHNIKKO !!!LIVE!!! ON A VIDEO!!! 

And the songs have so many more layers than I was expecting... it's like Scene Queen, but backwards. Scene Queen gets lyrically more and more approachable and rap-wise better and better. Ash went from obscure rap lyrics to VERY approachable lyrics to obscure rap lyrics, and rap-wise from rap to 'mainstream whatever' to 'rap whatever'. FUCK her music is complex! I just thought about the new Knox Hill song he released yesterday, about 3-5 hours in 24h before releasing my thoughts on it and FUCK Ashnikko is stepping up their game!!! I can't just tag along, I need to THINK about both their lyrics, properly, or I'll feel sorry for myself later.

Ok, lets ditch that thought. This is MY blog. I can write whatever the fuck I want. What I get out of a song on the first listen is WHAT I GET OUT OF A SONG ON THE FIRST LISTEN. If you have a message (Knox, Ash, whoever), MAKE IT MORE CLEAR IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO GET IT AND LISTEN. It's not my fault you're not clear about it. Scene Queen is getting more and more clear, AND more and more good at rapping. She'll probs reach a point when she's going more obscure and genre-bendy again, but I SO hope she'll hone the rapping skills while doing so. She can rap RAP, she can SING and she can SCREAM. She's gonna be HUGE if she keeps up the rap game. 
I'm SOOOO going on a tangent, and on a different artist than what the title says, but idgaf. 
Ash has SO much potential but people seem to have forgotten about her after seeing 1-5 songs, that are not even her best ones. She has the wrong audience. They keep complaining she "says stuff that doesn't make sense" (uses doubles) or "doesn't sing all her vocals" (yes she does, and they're called ad-libs). FUCKING HELL THIS IS ANNOYING. I'M NOT SAYING SHE'S THE BEST RAPPER TO EVER EXIST ON THE PLANET BUT !!!MY GOD!!! IS SHE UNDER-APPRECIATED BY THE HIPHOP COMMUNITY, FUCKING YES!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts