Weekly Recap (June 26th - July 2nd)

Discover Weekly

- The Beautiful Monument - Give Up
- Apocalyptica feat. Corey Taylor - I'm Not Jesus (Well, this was a throwback... This came out when I barely even spoke any English yet.)
- Rave the Reqviem - Are Yov Happy Now, Fidelio? (Nice, a mix of metal and electronic.)
- Graphic Nature - Killing Floor (Those screams sound gorgeous!)
- Sylosis - Abandon (Some Katatonia vibes, but different enough. I like this a lot.)
- Greyhaven - Echo and Dust Pt. 1 (Progressive, heavy, but also super catchy. I love it.)
- Devin Townsend Project - Addicted! (First time hearing Devin Townsend Project. It's very much underground metal with the sound, I can see why metalheads love them but they haven't blown up outside metal circles. This just occured to me last Sunday, that people who don't usually listen to metal might not like i.e. the singing being in the mix.)
- Nostalghia - Stockholm Syndome (Very peculiar accent. I checked and she's American, with foreigner parents, though.)
- The Bridge City Sinners - Song of the Siren (I don't know how to describe this music... it's like... pirates..? Maybe? Something very cool, nonetheless.)
- Crypt Sermon - Key of Solomon (Sounds old school somehow... traditional heavy metal or NWOBHM... but it's from 2019, I googled. I like it. The genre is epic doom metal (source: Metal Archives)... I've never thought of making doom metal sound epic... but that sounds awesome! I need to do, like, a mini deep dive into this subgenre!)
- Airghoul - Orange Forest (An instrumental electronic song. Almost 5min long, but progressive enough to keep it interesting.)

In the middle of the week I listened to a lot of my Rap & Hiphop list on Spotify, hung out in Ian Taylor livestreams (they get taken down because of copyrights, but I highly recommend them, they are a ton of fun!) and of course, Knox and Ren released new music last Thursday, which I've already written about quite a lot. Most of my crazy fan theories don't seem to be accurate, though. :D

Release Radar
- The Weeknd, Lily-Rose Depp & Ramsey - Fill the Void (Johnny Depp's daughter is an ok singer. Who knew?)
- Kanine feat. Émelie Rachel - Lost and Found (Nice EDM song. Liked. Her voice is also very pretty.)
- Falling in Reverse - Last Resort - reimagined (Not a huge fan of Falling in Reverse, but this was kinda cool. Papa Roach's lyrics are not appreciated enough.)
- Savage Ga$p, SXMPRA, KAMAARA - ghost in the shell (LOVE IT <3 This goes hard!)
- Nik Nocturnal & Blind Channel - Lost & Bleeding (Blind Channel is so cool. They're Finnish and around my age. I relate to them.)
- Theoria de Allice - Devaneios
- Metalocalypse: Dethklok - Aortic Desecration (I'm not into the animation, most of the jokes go over my head, but I liked this song.)
- Bernth - Floss (Cool instrumental metal song. Liked it.)
- Dawn of Ashes - Heart Wrapped in Suicide (Very cool EBM and industrial black metal mix. This sounds very interesting! I followed the artist on Spotify.)

Comments

Popular Posts