Weekly Recap (July 24th-30th, 2023)

Discover Weekly
- Kim Dracula - Drown (10/10 for creativity, 8/10 for lyrics. But I still have a personal problem with his voice.)
- Fate DeStoyed - 47 (A female rapper. She could pronounce her words more clearly and I'd like her more. But the metal elements make up for it. I want to check out more, I need more women on my rap list...)
- Wake Up Hate feat. RED DEVIL REJECT - Pitchfork Party (Song might be a bit generic/mainstream, but these guys are obviously talented!)
- Cook Thugles - mosh pit (I'd like it more without the effect on his voice, but then again, it matches the rest of the song. Idk if his thing is mainstream hiphop or hyperpop, but this has those kinda vibes. Hyperpop, like Dorian Electra.)
- Shade Empire - Sunholy (The cleans took me by surprise. It's a metal song, btw. I like it more and more as it progresses... End score: 8,5/10)
- Reece Young feat. Cane Hill - Endless Riots (The scream elevated the song. Without it the song was fine, but nothing special.)
- Deadlights - Bathed in Venom (Very much something I would have LOVED 10-15 years ago, but still like today. Metalcore or a similar genre. Very pleasing to my metalhead ears <3)
- BAYBE feat. JF - Speak of the Devil (Her artist name is very descriptive. :D Sounds kinda like Melanie Martinez, but BAYBE raps as well. I've been lowkey hoping for a replacement for Melanie since she was accused of SA. No one was there besides them two and there's no concrete evidence, but her fanbase has been SO FUCKING TOXIC about it, that is enough for me to step the f away from that drama and not wanting to be associated with the fanbase...)
- ZYX feat. PRINCESSBRI - Icky (x'DD If you like Lil Mariko, you'll like these girls as well.)
- INHUMAN feat. Hungry Lights - Vengeance (A BOP. AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE. Also, it kept on surprising me and reminding me of different artists.)
- Melechesh - Tempest Temper Enlil Enraged (Somehow, not too heavy for me today. Some days, if not most days, it would be.)
- Scythe Gang 666 - In the Basement (It's so weird. I love it.)
- The Swell Fellas - Death Race

Listened to Asa's album Avar Uus. It was ok. His lyricism is always 10/10, beats are interesting and different, but I don't actually like his flows that much... If I didn't understand Finnish, I would probably not listen to him :D Apart from few songs.

Release Radar
- Ashnikko - Cheerleader (just did an Initial Thoughts post about it. Overall, with the mixing, it's... 8,85/10. Ps. I got the notification for the video at 12 o'clock. And the older video I watched this morning doesn't exist anymore...)
- Arankai - PAINT IT BLACK (woooow, more rap and metal from him, I like this! 9/10.)
- Tech N9ne - Knock (interesting. A song I would like more if it had a hook. Huh. 8/10.)
- SkyDxddy - dont talk about it - sad version (YEEES, SHE FINALLY DROPPED IT!! She's been teasing it on Tiktok and I've been impatiently waiting for it to drop... 9.9/10! I'd keep her voice more raw and not double it, but that's just me. And that's why it's not a full 10.)
- Epica - Consign to Oblivion - live at the Afas Live (<3)
- TWENTYTHREE feat. Istasha - NO SEARCH (Another one of these rappers that sound like Corpse. He's pretty good, though.)
- Karmen Field - Benighted (She has such a cool voice!)
- Urbain - No God to Greet Me (Black metal. I love the instrumental, and the singing is nice and even - I can even make out some words!)
- Banshee - I feel safe with you (It's a vibe. Different music but same vibe as psytrance.)
- PROJECT: VENGEANCE, Traitors, Nik Nocturnal - Vessel (This is way too heavy for me, I think??? But I love it?!!!)
- Satin Puppets - Clawing Demon (Wooow, her voice is so pretty!! <3 Song is partially in Russian and partially in English and I understood her <3)
- Mike's Dead feat. Emmure - Welcome to Hell (It's a bop. A hardcore bop. But a bop nonetheless.)
- Noisecide - Wasted Years - Mark Wise remix (Nice EDM song.)
- Finsterforst - Jenseits (Kapitel I - Freiheit) (Whaaaat in the a cappella vikings turned to metal is this??!! I LOVE IT!! According to The Metal Archives, it's Folk/Viking Metal. Makes sense. I think I'm at the Viking Metal point in my (metal) journey... When it comes to lyrical themes and how heavy the music is...)
- Twisted Insane feat. T-Rock - With That (Hook is meh - like most hooks IMO - but I like the rest.)

TankTheTech reacted to the Orbit Culture song that came out a week or two ago. He's saying they're blowing up now. I'm 100% here for it.

Ian's doing an international tour! It's only US and Canada, so I can't attend, but nonetheless, that's a big step for an artist! (These were the big news he was talking about, btw.)

Comments

Popular Posts