Weekly Recap (July 17th-23rd, 2023)

Soulfly!!! <3 A song by them was played on Ian Taylor livestream last Sunday and they sounded SO GOOD. I fuck with this, I fuck with this a lot.

Discover Weekly
- Awake Again - Enmity
- ZILLION - Chew (A BANGER.)
- Falconshield ft. Lauren Babic - Lavender Blooms (When she screamed, that sealed the deal. I like this a lot. 9/10.)
- Lenii - White Lie
- Tetrarch - Stitch Me Up
- DAMAG3 ft. Gao the Arsonist - PRISON (I don't like hook, too repetitive, but the rap is absolute 🔥🔥. Going to Rap & Hiphop list and Three Song Listen list.)
- BLACKSHAPE - ITIITIATIIHYLIHYL (Slow, melodic metal. Very athmospheric. I like it.)
- Xowie Jones - Bury Me Alive (BOP.)
- BLACKGOLD ft FEVER 333 - I Ain't Goin' Out Like That (Why is this lowkey a bop?)
- Nova Rockafeller - Hey You (A female rapper. I like her rapping, the lyrics, the beat, the hook... Solid 9/10 and going to the Three Song Listen list! Also followed on Spotify.)
- Wage War - Medic (Wow. This attacked me like a ton of bricks. And I enjoyed every second of it. This is going on all sorts of lists :D)
- A Rose Dying In The Rain - púrpura (What the heck just entered my earholes?? I absolutely love it and it's scaring me shitless at the same time :D Apparently it's post black metal... Makes sense, if you know what those words mean... I have to like this, on Spotify I mean, but I don't think I'm ready for a second song yet, so no other lists ATM.)

Savage Ga$p - from hell, with love (WHY IS THIS SUCH A BOP???)

Rediscovered a duo I used to listen to a lot back in the day: Infected Mushroom. I need to be in a very specific mood to listen to them, but when I am in that mood, no other music group will suffice... Their music is psytrance. Don't do drugs, kids.

New thoughts on the Knox Hill & Ren situation. I still think they're working on a song together, but it might not be Money Game 3. Writing a song and getting it out are a long process. Ren did mention on his Thursday Twitch live (for Murderer) that the album he's releasing next month will have a couple featuring artists and that after this album, he's going to do an album with more singing in it, which will have a lot of "featuring artists I've been meaning to collab with". 

Ian Taylor announced something major happened regarding his career. He didn't say what it was in his live on Wednesday, because "he's shared this kind of information with friends before and is not making that mistake again". Which is completely fine with me. Music is his job, 50% of his income. I'm not expecting him to spill "company secrets" just because I'm an active part of his fanbase, lol. I could easily see how, even if he told us not to tell anyone, one of the 25-40 people who attend his lives (not a certain person, but anyone) could slip the news to one person, who'd slip them to one person, etc. Also, the lives are not private. Any random person could stumble upon the live, decide they don't like Ian, and then spill the secret. We all just have to wait until he's ready to tell us.

Release Radar
- Ren - Murderer (Made an Initial Thoughts post on this already. It remains an 8/10. Liked on Spotify but not going on the Rap & Hiphop list.)
- Poppy - Knockoff (No more metal? Aww :( there's nothing wrong with the song, but it's not doing anything for me. 5/10, average)
- Arankai feat. Lauren Babic - Death - Cover (I'd still prefer him leaving his vocals raw, without effects. Also, the chorus is very repetitive. The screams bring it up to a 6/10.)
- In This Moment - The Purge (Made an Initial Thoughts post on this. 9/10. I do prefer the music they used to make, that was heavier, but this ethereal witchy thing is what I expect from them now, and I like that, too, so...)
- Lil Uzi Vert feat. BABYMETAL - The End (Ok, see? I said I can't judge an artist based on one song. They seem a bit more serious about this metal thing now. And the song is ok, like a 7/10. There was even one bar where their voice didn't have the effect on it usually does and they sounded normal! Haha.)
- venbee feat. Rudimental - die young - extended (Oh yeah, I fuck with her music. Perfect mix of fast and slow, calm and energetic, happy and sad. 9/10, lyrics could be one tenth better and this would be a 10.)
- Dorian Electra - anon (7.5/10)
- Skindred - Unstoppable (7.8/10. 'Nobody' remains as their best song.)
- Cinnamon Babe feat. Otep - The Man (A little late on the lyrical themes, it's all been said already... 7.5. But I love this, musically. 9.5. Overall score 8.5.)
- Banshee - BIRTH OF VENUS (Oh wow. Screams, cleans, amazing backtrack... I like this a lot! 9/10!)
- Thormesis - Elusive (A metal song. It's kind of a bop!)
- WARGASM (UK) - Do it So Good (A bop. They just moved from the Three Song Listen list to the Deep Dive list.)
- The Magick - Witchz (A bop.)
- Suzanna Son - Crocodile Tears (the lyrics aren't doing it for me, but my god that voice is beautiful!)
- Twisted Insane feat. T-Rock - Bloody (I'm working on Ian Taylor Deep Dive and his album Dusk to Dawn has a character called Maniachal Michael and... so does this song. Probably a coincidence, but Ian still did it first.)
- AMAESTRA - Silence (Wooow, I like this a lot!! Intense!!)

Comments

Popular Posts