Scene Queen (Deep Dive)

Ok, so I already love her, but I haven't checked out all of her songs yet, so here goes. The songs I have heard I listen to on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
She has no official albums yet, according to Spotify, so listening to her catalogue in order should be easy enough.

Are You Tired? (2020)
A rock/metal song, starting off with clean vocals. There's a bit of grit on her voice at points, but no actual screaming. The song's ok. 7.5/10.

Bimbocore (EP, 2022)
Bring It On
There we go with the screams and scene / metalcore. I like the whispery vocals. I get the screams, they're just not in my taste. 6/10.
Pretty in Pink
Heard before, I like this. 8/10. Nice screams, and her signature rap style. I can't quite figure out what the song is about, though.
Pink Bubblegum
Catchier than Pretty in Pink. Her singing voice is so nice in this. Rap is a bit stale/monotone. Nice rap kind of lyricism, with the doubles. 9/10.
Pink Panther
One of her best. This is how she came out as bi. "Getting pussy like Pink Panther." The monotone rap works here. The beat is amazing. This is 10/10. But I'd still start people off with 18+. People need to see the more serious side first, to know she's not just a meme.
Pink Rover
8.5/10.
Pink Paper
Nice rap, verses are ok. Hook is a bit boring. 6/10.

Bimbocore Vol. 2
Pink Whitney
Great rapping, great metal... 8,5/10
Pink G-string
Apart from a couple of bars, good song. There is a message against invasive paparazzi pictures, but it gets drowned the shock factor a little bit. 7/10.
Pink Cocaine
A lot calmer than her other songs. Can't make out all the lyrics, don't know what the song is about. Drugs, obviously, but there's probably a layer I'm missing. 8/10.
Pink Barbie Bandaid
Not her best hook, verses are good, metal screams are good, rapping is good... 8,5/10 overall score.
The Rapture (but it's Pink) feat. Mothica
10/10. Different than her usual stuff, but oh so good. I love Mothica as well.
Barbie & Ken
10/10. Catchy as hell, good rapping, good metal... It's about toxic relationships and domestic violence.
Pink Hotel
9,5/10. Gotta love the ADHD and how it's represented through the composition. Rapping is not her best, but metal and badass bitch energy are a 10/10. 

18+
10/10. Good rapping, good metal screams  both 9/10. Very good rhyming. Great hook. But how clear the message is, she gets an 11/10. 

Win Win (Set It Off feat. Scene Queen)
A punk rock song. With some casual rapping thrown in there. Scene Queen's fastest rapping, actually, 10/10 for that. Overall, the song's a bit soft for my taste. 8/10.

Closing thoughts
I was wrong, I had actually heard all of her stuff. I think it's all good music, but with varying degrees. With the fast rap part in Win Win and the message and metal screams in 18+, I can't wait for her to put out more stuff. Her best days are still ahead of her, I just happened to find her quite early in her career.

Comments

Popular Posts