Ren - Murderer (Initial Thoughts)

 Before hearing the song:

I think it's going to be another boasty one, like Illest of Our Time style. He has seemed very chill about it coming out, there's a competition to win boxing gloves and stuff...

Live had about 5500 people in it when the song started and about 10 000 when the video ended.


After hearing the song:

It was vibey and groovy, and catchy. There was a faster bit at one point, but it was not as "look at my awesome rapping skills" kinda track as I was expecting... The song is very Ren, but I don't really get the idea right away... Like I have with most of his songs.

I had a feeling this was not gonna be my favourite song by him and I was right... It's not a bad song by any means, it is a vibe and a bop, but... When you don't get what it's about, something is lost there, you know? 8/10 is my rating, as of now. If I get it later, what the song is about, that number might rise, though.

Comments

  1. I don't think the song has a deeper meaning than that. Ren didn't say anything about it in his Twitch live and Knox focused on describing the technical rapping aspects and cinematography, pointed out some doubles etc.

    I think this video was not a one take. It think it was four takes, put seamlessly together. First cut being when the cameraman goes through the window, second when Ren goes outside and third when the cameraman gets out of the car.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts