Weekly Recap May 29th - June 4th, 2023

Discover weekly:
- PVRIS - ANIMAL
- HEALTH - BLACK STATIC (nice, calm, dreamy electronic music)
- Kooma feat. Veela - Face to Face (interesting, recognizable voice, good rapping)
- Viscera - Climbing up the Walls (nice calm prog rock/metal song)
- Amaranthe - BOOM!1 (oh gosh... the verses are amazing, but unfortunately the chorus is very generic... the breakdown was hilarious...)
- DenDerty feat. МОЛОДОСТЬ ВНУТРИ - Горе
- Empty Graves - BIAH (god these screams are pleasurable to listen... and that sounds so wrong if put in the wrong context, lol. Encyclopaedia Metallum says they're deathgrind. Huh. I didn't know I was into deathgrind...)
- СКОРОСТЬ - Будущево нет (sounded like hard bass and then suddenly it was metal... nice)
- WILLOW feat. Siiickbrain - PURGE (Sooo cool, I love this!)
- Assemble the Chariots - Empress (Ok, why does this sound good?? It's WAYY heavier than stuff I normally listen to, but this is sooo good!!)
- Mokoma - Syyttävä sormi (Nice. Have to translate these lyrics for you guys. Should be easy enough.)

Will Ramos' vocal cover of Sleep Token's Chokehold is something I've been meaning to watch ever since they mentioned it on The Charismatic Voice's channel, and now I finally did. It was so amazing I'm speechless. And in the comments he promises that Lorna Shore is gonna add clean vocals to their music. Very soon. Wow. Cannot wait! The pig squels and constant blastbeats are a bit much for me, personally. I need variation within a song and I am just personally not a fan of pig squels.

AndrewYourPicture - Selfish was such a good song!

This week I did a Sleep Token deep dive - it needs a bit of editing, but it's coming.

Otep sounds even better now than back then... I'm learning to appreciate the rap side of her nu metal. Checked newer songs and the older ones are definitely better.

Release Radar
- Pendulum ft. B4MV - Halo (??!!! Matt Tuck's screams and Pendulum's D&B work so well together!)
- Dorian Electra - Sodom & Gomorra (Bop.)
- Lil Peep ft. Meeting by Chance - Glassy (love the beat)
- Twisted Insane ft. Lady Insane - Outside (cool rapping, need to look at lyrics when they drop)
- Einar Solberg feat. Ben Levin - Home (the Leprous singer, with a rap verse by Ben Levin)
- The Foreshadowing - The Rains of Castamere (A Requiem for Wolves) (Calm prog metal. Right up my alley, again. I'd do a deep dive, but I need variation in the music... Unless they have faster songs..?)
- SOM - Never Let Me Down Again
- Nik Nocturnal feat. Ankor - UNFORGIVEN (her vocals... wow. Nice.)
- Hexvessel - Black Mountain Poet (very nice prog song)
- Munro - Fade Away (nice mix of genres. Emo rock, metal, electronic)
- Melted Bodies - The Avalanche (need to come back to these lyrics)
- Witchz - The Master (nice electronic song, got my head bopping)

Incubus is such a good rock band that I had totally forgotten exists, before randomly bumping into their music again this weekend. Drive, Dig and Anna Molly are my favourite songs by them.

Kinda starting to vibe with Lorna Shore's Through the Hellfire (after hearing the entire song about 3 times in one week)... Still can't stand and don't get the pig squeals, but I'm getting used to the blast beat and am catching more and more lyrics every time I hear it.

Ian Taylor has started a reaction channel and it's become evident to me that my initial gut instinct of him was right. He's actually very cool, smart, nice and forward-thinking guy. That one video (Record Breaker) is a bit questionable, but deep down, he's not like that. He's still very young, and maybe a bit naive for not thinking imagery like that is a big deal and how it affects on the type of audience that vibes or doesn't vibe with your music. It attracts people who think objectifying women & seeing women as conquests or props on a music video is cool and harmless, and drives away people who think that kind of imagery is backward and misogynistic. 
I mean, Ian picked up on Chinchilla's Little Girl Gone's meaning right away and was stoked and rooting for her the whole time. No sympathy for the men in the video, because those men were douchebags. I really really like Ian!

Comments

Popular Posts