Weekly Recap (June 19th-25th)

Discover Weekly
- Alcest - Protection - Ben Chisholm version (I wasn't feeling like new music today... I was feeling anxious anyway, for no apparent reason, and then my laptop died this morning... But this song was so calm, even with the screaming, that I actually got through it without skipping, like I did with most songs on the list.)
- She Must Burn - Of Blood and Bone (nice, even metal song)
- From Grotto - Wildfire (very pleasing to the ears)

Bloodywood - Dana Dan! Is not what I remembered! We NEED Knox to react to this! I don't know why I thought it was about the horror movie of the kid forced to act like the opposite sex... which I've never seen... Googled, the movie is Sleepaway Camp and the character is Angela. But Angela is a boy, has a penis, and is forced to pretend he's a girl, his whole life.
Bloodywood's Dana Dan is an anti-rape song.

I discovered Snow Da Product and plan to do a Deep Dive into her music. She's a rapper, and she's independent and a bisexual. I heard about 3 songs by her on Saturday and she's really good! I'm blown away! I wish I knew more Spanish, though, but I guess this is a good opportunity to learn?

Release Radar
- The Weeknd - A Lesser Man (Interesting lyrics, made me really listen to them. Also, a slower song but I still like it. I'm not a huge fan of slower songs, in general.)
- Stoneside. - Exonerate (Just the right amount of progressiveness. I can follow the melody just fine, but it's kept interesting enough for my brain to constantly pay attention to it. The higher notes near the end gave me chills.)
- venbee - die young (Just like the previous song I heard, called "gutter" - very well made EDM, with lyrics that have actual substance.)
- Banshee - do I really scare you? (More clean vocals from Banshee. Very catchy, and lyrics that made me listen to what she has to say.)
- Andromida feat. Daedric - Abandon (A good metal songs. The two singers' voices work very well together. The electronic elements also work very well in the song.)
- Lacuna Coil - Never Dawn instrumental
- Sidus - Stage III: Seismos (I haven't heard Stages I and II, they probably exist? But this is beautiful. I'm gonna follow the band on Spotify, I want more of this.)
- Nitroverts - Break the System
- Zero 9:36 - The Fear (The switch made all the difference. I love this.)
- Unlike Pluto - Twisted (Melancholic, but makes me want to dance. My favourite kind of electronic music.)

Comments

Popular Posts